Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking to buy these led's for my headlight. I think there sick but wanted to see if anyone here has used them or have any good or bad reviews to share with me before I buy them.
Thanks in advance

I posted a pic
Also the link is to the website there from. 2013-2016 dodge ram (projector headlights)

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you do this, and don't post any pics, I will hunt you down. j/k. But seriously, pleeeeease post some pics if you get these.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a set on back order that I picked up online. Once I get them I'll be putting them in during the spring when its a little warmer out haha

·
Registered
426 Posts
Was it from the same company ?? I can't really find reviews on it.
LED concepts. Pretty good pricing and they have a few good reviews. I've heard good things about them from my buddy who runs a shop around me so when I get them I will let you know how the work. Im looking around 2 weeks they said.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LED concepts. Pretty good pricing and they have a few good reviews. I've heard good things about them from my buddy who runs a shop around me so when I get them I will let you know how the work. Im looking around 2 weeks they said.
Do you have the option to change to different colors with them. Also can you control it with you Iphone?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you have the option to change to different colors with them. Also can you control it with you Iphone?
Yes they said there is an app for android and iphone that you can get with it or you can get it with a remote for a little extra. I opted for the app because in Manitoba you can only have them white while driving, so I'd only need to change colours when I'm at a car show.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Screw it I bought them. I'm gonna install them as soon as I get them I'll post pics.
Good luck. Its a nice touch but to me personally...it's a pain in the rear to install.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know yet I have to see it in Person with my color truck and everything.
Im going with red at car shows and just showing people but like I said above in my province they have to be white for driving. Or you get pulled over, which with colour change wouldn't be too bad id just quickly change them when I'm in the city but its a bit of a hassle being pulled over for being different.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im going with red at car shows and just showing people but like I said above in my province they have to be white for driving. Or you get pulled over, which with colour change wouldn't be too bad id just quickly change them when I'm in the city but its a bit of a hassle being pulled over for being different.
Agreed

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tracking shows they will be delivered today which means for all goes well I'll be installing tonight!!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
At the risk of sounding like some sort of commercial, most of these kinds of laws are for driving safety. If you're on a 2 lane road with your front running lights red, someone coming from the opposite direction might think they're taillights and end up partially or completely in your lane before they realize how fast you're closing and they've strayed from their own lane. This is especially so if they have poor vision or dirty windows. Or they're texting or emailing. Or the lane markings are covered in snow. Or worse.

How about if you made your front lights green? How's the colorblind guy coming from the other direction know they're not red, then? All he knows is they're not white. 8 percent of human males are color blind. So out of 100 cars passing you in the opposite direction, maybe 50 (50%) are male, and maybe 4 of them are color blind. 1 in 25 chance that you'll cross paths with someone that can't tell red from green.

We have the same laws in the states, and I appreciate them. We already have way too many driving fatalities on the road. Nearly 20,000 people died in traffic accidents in the US in the first 6 months of 2015. In the same 6 months there were 2,300,000 serious injuries from traffic accidents. Hate to think of how many it would be if there were fewer safety laws.

We have way too many intentionally bad drivers: distracted drivers, drunk drivers, guys that think they're race drivers, you name it. Yeah, I think it's intentional if they're doing something they know is against the law or is potentially dangerous to others and do it anyway. They want to kill themselves, they should find some other way of doing it without jeopardizing others. And then there are also just plain bad drivers and drivers with poor vision, poor reflexes, and legitimate accidents that were really no one's fault (deer in the road, etc.).

·
Registered
426 Posts
At the risk of sounding like some sort of commercial, most of these kinds of laws are for driving safety. If you're on a 2 lane road with your front running lights red, someone coming from the opposite direction might think they're taillights and end up partially or completely in your lane before they realize how fast you're closing and they've strayed from their own lane. This is especially so if they have poor vision or dirty windows. Or they're texting or emailing. Or the lane markings are covered in snow. Or worse.

How about if you made your front lights green? How's the colorblind guy coming from the other direction know they're not red, then? All he knows is they're not white. 8 percent of human males are color blind. So out of 100 cars passing you in the opposite direction, maybe 50 (50%) are male, and maybe 4 of them are color blind. 1 in 25 chance that you'll cross paths with someone that can't tell red from green.

We have the same laws in the states, and I appreciate them. We already have way too many driving fatalities on the road. Nearly 20,000 people died in traffic accidents in the US in the first 6 months of 2015. In the same 6 months there were 2,300,000 serious injuries from traffic accidents. Hate to think of how many it would be if there were fewer safety laws.

We have way too many intentionally bad drivers: distracted drivers, drunk drivers, guys that think they're race drivers, you name it. Yeah, I think it's intentional if they're doing something they know is against the law or is potentially dangerous to others and do it anyway. They want to kill themselves, they should find some other way of doing it without jeopardizing others. And then there are also just plain bad drivers and drivers with poor vision, poor reflexes, and legitimate accidents that were really no one's fault (deer in the road, etc.).
Which is why I'm respecting the law.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

On the road I'm mostly using straight white

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Dude...that's some deep thought. I've always thought they looked neat but just too much of a pain for one and two, too many DIYers ha e made it just look, well cheap!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts