Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all!

Just bought my 2017 Rebel and I love it! However , I don’t feel like my seat gets very warm at all. It seems to only be very mildly warm to the touch, even after having it on high for 10 -plus minutes. My wife’s ‘16 Durango Seats get incredibly hot and have to be turned down. The rebel’s seem like only a very small area is heated and it is only slightly warmer than the rest of the seat.

Am I expecting too much here or do others have similar experiences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Dealer

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You my friend have what's known in the medical profession as bunsofsteel. Symptoms may include, but not limited to: cold butt, hot butt, warm butt. Wet butt and stinky butt. I don't think it's the seat warmer. Get the butt checked out before it's too late....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Seat heaters only work with a person in them. No, you cannot use the passenger seat to keep a pizza hot on the way home.

The high setting will time out after a while and shut off. The low setting stays on all the time if left selected.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You my friend have what's known in the medical profession as bunsofsteel. Symptoms may include, but not limited to: cold butt, hot butt, warm butt. Wet butt and stinky butt. I don't think it's the seat warmer. Get the butt checked out before it's too late....
I chose the holistic solution and just started wearing buttless chaps... Let me see if I can find a flattering pic and I will post it....:eek:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Have gone in on the computer under "climate" and set it up?
It should heat whether someone sits or not. My 15 will.
Big Red

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think mine Rebel cloth seats get as warm as my Jeep GC leather seats and the Rebel seems to take a bit longer to warm up IMO. But warm enough for sure. I wondered if it was because of the cloth seats in the truck?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow - how did we ever survive when all we had was basic heat, and when you wanted A/C you pulled that lever down near the foot well to open the magic vents... now we are close to cars that will drive themselves - what will we do with our road rage? :)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wow - how did we ever survive when all we had was basic heat, and when you wanted A/C you pulled that lever down near the foot well to open the magic vents... now we are close to cars that will drive themselves - what will we do with our road rage? :)
Good point

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with the heated seats in my 18 Rebel. I put them on high and 30 minutes later drop to low and they are heated barely. Took it to the dealer several times, they replace the heat elements and still the same issue. Every other car I own in the last 40 years never had an issue. After 3-4 minutes they starting to get warm and after 10 minutes you need to lower them becasue they get too hot! %0K truck and cant get the heated seats right. And according to several Ram forums this is common. Anyone found a solution or should I start a lawsuit?:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts