Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went offroading this past long weekend and put the Rebel and the fox shocks through their paces. Was riding around at about 60 MPH maxed out at 70. Handled great and was a lot of fun, had 0 problems with the truck itself, my only complaint was the traction control kept going off. But once it was rolling it was dialed in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went offroading this past long weekend and put the Rebel and the fox shocks through their paces. Was riding around at about 60 MPH maxed out at 70. Handled great and was a lot of fun, had 0 problems with the truck itself, my only complaint was the traction control kept going off. But once it was rolling it was dialed in.
Hello Red! How did you find the overall performance of the Fox shocks over the stock Bilestein ones? I've had alot of people telling me to go with Fox..And about the traction control, do you have to hold it for like 6-7 seconds to disengage most of the aid systems? Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Red! How did you find the overall performance of the Fox shocks over the stock Bilestein ones? I've had alot of people telling me to go with Fox..And about the traction control, do you have to hold it for like 6-7 seconds to disengage most of the aid systems? Thanks!
Yes holding the button turns off the active traction control, however there is still a passive control that I don't think you can turn that off. The fox shocks handled amazing compared to the Bilestein, the faster the vehicle goes it seemed the smother the ride. I'd recommend them over everything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes holding the button turns off the active traction control, however there is still a passive control that I don't think you can turn that off. The fox shocks handled amazing compared to the Bilestein, the faster the vehicle goes it seemed the smother the ride. I'd recommend them over everything.
Nice! I'll look into Fox shocks then! Thanks bud!

·
Registered
30 Posts
No problem! I've got the coilovers in the front and the shocks in the back, I'm so impressed with them.
Any issues with the Air suspension because of the switch? The salesman told me that the way Dodge setup the rebel is that it's an easy plug'n'play when it came to the suspension components..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any issues with the Air suspension because of the switch? The salesman told me that the way Dodge setup the rebel is that it's an easy plug'n'play when it came to the suspension components..
Mine just tells me to service the air suspension but there is nothing there to service. Even the dealer got a good laugh out of it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have been off roading with stock shocks and wheels n tires. Great factory set up. I even got to pull a few jeeps out of mud with my winch. The longer wheel base is the only reason I didn't get stuck, but still have bragging rights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been off roading with stock shocks and wheels n tires. Great factory set up. I even got to pull a few jeeps out of mud with my winch. The longer wheel base is the only reason I didn't get stuck, but still have bragging rights.
Haha nice Chris! I drove the truck for the first time from Toronto to Montreal; what a breeze!! Coming from a Mazda Cx5 to this is somewhat of a difference lol;). And did have the chance to take it on some uneven roads and it handled it like a champ!

·
Read Only
100 Posts
I wish we could get Fox or king 2.5s to work with air bags. I have the fox 2.5 on F150 that I have now and love the ride so I'm wondering how I'm going to like the bilsteins once my rebel comes in.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
It's hard comparing a $100 some dollar shock to a $750 but you get what you pay for. I thought about getting a normal ram and do the carlisuspension kit but I like the idea of having air bags so I can make it easy to get my bike and quad out of the back or have it auto level if they're in the bed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's hard comparing a $100 some dollar shock to a $750 but you get what you pay for. I thought about getting a normal ram and do the carlisuspension kit but I like the idea of having air bags so I can make it easy to get my bike and quad out of the back or have it auto level if they're in the bed.
The biggest negative with bilsteins are that you cannot rebuild and rebleed them

·
Registered
27 Posts
True on the rebuild but I've had Fox before and for me the price difference did not make any sense, You can buy 7 Bils for the price of 1 Fox and even fox has to be rebuilt once in awhile and the rebuild price was extremely close to the purchase price. Are fox a better shock? Of course....100% they are. Are they worth the difference in price? NOPE not even close a 750$ difference in ride lol. That being said, I'm also not rich lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True on the rebuild but I've had Fox before and for me the price difference did not make any sense, You can buy 7 Bils for the price of 1 Fox and even fox has to be rebuilt once in awhile and the rebuild price was extremely close to the purchase price. Are fox a better shock? Of course....100% they are. Are they worth the difference in price? NOPE not even close a 750$ difference in ride lol. That being said, I'm also not rich lol
lol who sold you your shocks??? I got the pair of 2.0s for 387 for the pair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
lol who sold you your shocks??? I got the pair of 2.0s for 387 for the pair.
Ah yeah, 2.0's are around 400$ your rite. I didn't go with those as they were even less of an upgrade. I went with reservoirs and I will try to find my bill to give you a more accurate $ price. Mind you at 400$, that is still a min upgrade and you can replace that billy about 4 times....and Fox still only a slight upgrade untill you go full coil overs. But that being said maybe its different in the rebel, I don't know. In my Rubi I know I wasn't blown away by the difference between the two and I know my friends and jeep club members here all thought it wasn't worth the difference in price.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah yeah, 2.0's are around 400$ your rite. I didn't go with those as they were even less of an upgrade. I went with reservoirs and I will try to find my bill to give you a more accurate $ price. Mind you at 400$, that is still a min upgrade and you can replace that billy about 4 times....and Fox still only a slight upgrade untill you go full coil overs. But that being said maybe its different in the rebel, I don't know. In my Rubi I know I wasn't blown away by the difference between the two and I know my friends and jeep club members here all thought it wasn't worth the difference in price.
I have coilovers in the front with remote reservoirs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.