Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just ordered a Rebel a few hours ago. I've been checking out this forum the past few days while trying to make the decision to buy or not to buy. I wanted to do as much research as possible. This is my first vehicle that is not Chevy, GMC or Pontiac but when I seen the Rebel in an ad I couldn't not get it. I went with the granite crystal metallic, lower 2 tone paint and brilliant black crystal pearl. I'm not sure when it will be delivered. I will probably find out after the holidays but I can't wait. If someone would have told me last week that I was going to get a new vehicle soon I would have told them they were crazy. Lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats! You'll love it! The 8spd tranny pushes all 400hp nicely! The interior is also the nicest I've found. Let the journey begin!

·
Registered
44 Posts
you'll love it mine was ordered october 19th and I picked it up six weeks later very happy with the truck , not so happy with the dealer , didn't get the factory spray in bed liner they said they do it there on site and theirs was thicker and better , well only 4 mil thick on the tail gate , and 40 mil on the bed , the company product they used was amourthane which I reshearched and they recommend 250 mil on the bed and 185mil on the tail gate and sides , so needless to say they had to do it over, but how many other buyers have they scammed

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello everyone. I just ordered a Rebel a few hours ago. I've been checking out this forum the past few days while trying to make the decision to buy or not to buy. I wanted to do as much research as possible. This is my first vehicle that is not Chevy, GMC or Pontiac but when I seen the Rebel in an ad I couldn't not get it. I went with the granite crystal metallic, lower 2 tone paint and brilliant black crystal pearl. I'm not sure when it will be delivered. I will probably find out after the holidays but I can't wait. If someone would have told me last week that I was going to get a new vehicle soon I would have told them they were crazy. Lol.
Welcome and congrats

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, ordering a new vehicle (especially a Rebel!) is worse than waiting for baby to be born! I know exactly what you mean about no plans last week...it was close to an impulse buy for me, after pricing new Fords, I decided to check out the Ram and well....here I am!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats! You'll love it! The 8spd tranny pushes all 400hp nicely! The interior is also the nicest I've found. Let the journey begin!
Thanks. I test drove one yesterday and I still smile when I think about it.
you'll love it mine was ordered october 19th and I picked it up six weeks later very happy with the truck , not so happy with the dealer , didn't get the factory spray in bed liner they said they do it there on site and theirs was thicker and better , well only 4 mil thick on the tail gate , and 40 mil on the bed , the company product they used was amourthane which I reshearched and they recommend 250 mil on the bed and 185mil on the tail gate and sides , so needless to say they had to do it over, but how many other buyers have they scammed
I hope I don't have to wait too long but they did tell me it could be as long as some time in Feb.

I didn't order the bed liner. I am considering going with the do it yourself herculiner. I used I on a Sierra I used to have and it was very easy to put on, durable and a fraction of the cost. I even had people ask me how much and where I had it done.

Welcome, ordering a new vehicle (especially a Rebel!) is worse than waiting for baby to be born! I know exactly what you mean about no plans last week...it was close to an impulse buy for me, after pricing new Fords, I decided to check out the Ram and well....here I am!
Thanks and ya. It hasn't even officially been 24 hours and I'm going nuts. At first when they told me that I would have to order it and that it could possibly take a couple months I said "no rush" 1/2 hour later I told him I want it now...he asked. Lol

I knew I had to consider another vehicle sooner or later. I am currently driving a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 230000km and it is our only vehicle so I need something dependable. Occasionally I snoop around the GM dealerships see the prices and I don't want a payment. My father in law is a mopar guy and has been working on me for the past 10 years. When I saw the ad with the Rebel and the incentives that was my breaking point. Nothing more to do other than wait and talk about it. I think my wife is already sick of me. Lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on the new Rebel... Excellent color choice IMO! I'm very happy with mine as well. I had no reason to buy either. Just looked one day and they made a great offer to me for my trade and then 0% came out in November and I pulled the trigger. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday. 2 month wait. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the welcome and thanks for helping me get thru these tough times of having to wait for my truck to show up.lol It may not even technically been ordered yet because of the holidays and shut down. :(

Q

·
0 Posts
Has anyone added a shock to the tailgate to help lower it easier? I found one by DeeZee thru realtruck.com

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Just Ordered it along with a set of replacement led light bulbs for the interior lights.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Amazon.ca has it for $35.99 CND with free shipping. Don't pay $50. Holy crap.

I'm in Ontario, Canada too in Sarnia and ordered mine Monday. (Feb 1st)

I have this on my current FX-4 and was the first thing I researched while waiting for mine. They are awesome. Make sure not to over tighten the nutsert and check it after a few months to make sure it stays tight.

I'd post a link for you but the forum seems to think any kind of web link is spam and rejects it. (Stupid forum software imo)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts