Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just made a purchase....it isn't my first and won't be my last....
I've been in a Red Ram since 1996

I've had
1996 Ram 2500 Quad cab - 8 inches of lift, 38 inch tires
2005 Ram 3500 Quad cab Dually - 15.0 in the quarter mile
2008 Ram 2500 Quad cab - all stock, hated it ;)
2008 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually

And now....
2016 Rebel 1500...by far the lightest duty truck I have ever owned...but so far after 20 hours of ownership...it seems ok, tows my open trailer okay, is very comfy...etc....

Any enough of that I actually have a few questions that I will post prior to using the search feature where I will probably find an answer....

1. Air ride height rules override. Any hand helds out there that will let me over ride and lock in max height? or max in lowered all the way down? I bought this truck because I am changing jobs and need something that will fit in parking garages....but I am 'a little' dissapointed that I can't air it up and just drive it...as soon as I hit 30 it lowers on me...and similarly there are times when might want to cruise it low...and I can't. It always ends up at Normal or Aero height.

2. I bought this truck to augment performance wise. I am having trouble with the decision between a procharger setup and an edlebrock setup. The edlebrock 'looks' nice after installation but I am more familiar with prochargers from all the mustangs I hang around. Anyone here have any experience with either kits and care to share experience? (nothing in the build forums caught my eye as it appeared most people are building for off-road)

Obligatory photo

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey dodgestang!

Good to see you over here. Unfortunately, you can't lock it in off road, or entry/exit. The best thing you can do is turn automatic aero off, and that'll let the truck stay in normal, instead of dropping to are over 65 mph.

As far as the other questions go, pro chargers are hard to beat, in general, but I don't know much about the edelbrock kit for these trucks.

~sportsroof69 ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First mod ;)........a little paint on the antenna....left it silver for an inch at the top....and this way...I keep my over height indicator and not spenf $20 on a black one....plus I never listen to FM anymore. Sirrius since 08 and never looked back
;)
Motor vehicle Transport Automobile repair shop Building Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.