Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 18, which I love, just hitting 30,000 and I'm tempted by FCA 0/84 deals. I think they are stacking with 2,000 cash back and if I can get a decent dealer discount, then I can get a Brandy new 20 and lower payment. Anyone care to convince me one way or the other?

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
33 Posts
So I have an 18, which I love, just hitting 30,000 and I'm tempted by FCA 0/84 deals. I think they are stacking with 2,000 cash back and if I can get a decent dealer discount, then I can get a Brandy new 20 and lower payment. Anyone care to convince me one way or the other?
I’m doing this now. You lose the rebates, in trade for the free interest. Still easily worth it.
17+ were great years. I believe the 2017 was marked as one of the most reliable years of the truck.
My yay argument, the interior is to die for. What they did here has Mercedes and Audi trying to find out who designed it. Dodge put a lot of thought into the new cabs. The Laramie feels and looks like a rolls Royce inside. The rebel, fittingly, has more of an appeal for us dirt road drivers.
though I’m not a fan of the knob shifter, it’s something I may not mind getting used to. Don’t know yet. My 2020 is stillon its way! :D
ETorque is a hit or miss, most say they love it, everyone with exhaust upgrades hates it. Personally I am very weary of new tech, because they haven’t been out long enough to generate data about the longevity and reliability of the system. Dodge took a big leap of faith on this one, I really hope it doesn’t come back and bite me on such a well designed truck.

1. The panoramic sunroof is killer beautiful
2. I have yet to hear from someone with the ram box saying they regret it.
3. the 12.5in touch screen is so rare it seems so I just had to have it. The drivers seat feels fitted to go to mars.
4. The 5.7 is still old faithful, the 3.6 with etorque is for people who want to drive a truck and have decent milage. If you only plan to pull here and there, go for it. The pentastar engines are proving worthy in the later game.
the Cummins is still king, the new smaller diesel is the perfect choice for a classy comfortable truck you can’t hear running, and ridiculously efficient. Earlier models had some problems but it seems those have been worked out. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one if I wasn’t a 5.7 hemi and a Cummins nut.
I honestly believe if you got the money to waste, you’ll be happy with it. I personally ordered mine to keep, so I hope to take it to the 300k milestone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I traded in my 2017 2500 Laramie with a cummins for one. I haven't regretted anything. I have fallen in love with this truck and look forward to hunting/camping/ fishing trips. The zero interest was too dam good not to take advantage of but id make sure you find the setup you want for example the equipment pack 2 or getting the air suspension if thats what you need or even the bigger fuel tank, the fuel tank is one i wish i had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m doing this now. You lose the rebates, in trade for the free interest. Still easily worth it.
17+ were great years. I believe the 2017 was marked as one of the most reliable years of the truck.
My yay argument, the interior is to die for. What they did here has Mercedes and Audi trying to find out who designed it. Dodge put a lot of thought into the new cabs. The Laramie feels and looks like a rolls Royce inside. The rebel, fittingly, has more of an appeal for us dirt road drivers.
though I’m not a fan of the knob shifter, it’s something I may not mind getting used to. Don’t know yet. My 2020 is stillon its way! :D
ETorque is a hit or miss, most say they love it, everyone with exhaust upgrades hates it. Personally I am very weary of new tech, because they haven’t been out long enough to generate data about the longevity and reliability of the system. Dodge took a big leap of faith on this one, I really hope it doesn’t come back and bite me on such a well designed truck.

1. The panoramic sunroof is killer beautiful
2. I have yet to hear from someone with the ram box saying they regret it.
3. the 12.5in touch screen is so rare it seems so I just had to have it. The drivers seat feels fitted to go to mars.
4. The 5.7 is still old faithful, the 3.6 with etorque is for people who want to drive a truck and have decent milage. If you only plan to pull here and there, go for it. The pentastar engines are proving worthy in the later game.
the Cummins is still king, the new smaller diesel is the perfect choice for a classy comfortable truck you can’t hear running, and ridiculously efficient. Earlier models had some problems but it seems those have been worked out. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one if I wasn’t a 5.7 hemi and a Cummins nut.
I honestly believe if you got the money to waste, you’ll be happy with it. I personally ordered mine to keep, so I hope to take it to the 300k milestone.
Did you also lost the dealer discounts? Our dealers are offering around 5-6k off and with that the 0/84 and bonus 2k it starts looking attractive in my case. But if I'll lose the dealer discounts, then it's not worth trading up. Also a little worried about trade in value. The deal will hinge on a decent trade value and they say the used car market is cratering. Sure that will include trucks at some level. I've been stalling, I'm also in sales and really don't want to waste my time or the salesperson's.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
33 Posts
I got the same deal. still very much worth it. The rebates added up to like $3500.
3.6% interest added up to $7-9k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts