Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Was just out looking at the truck and realized my fender flares are peeling once again. This is the 4th time I believe I will have to bring in for a fix. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you or they use to keep it on the body? This 2 sided 3M tape they use here doesn't last more than 2 months.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Stuff usually lasts quite a while. What are you using on your truck to wash it? Dissolves-All? :)

Seriously, maybe something you're using is degrading the adhesive. Or perhaps surfaces aren't getting cleaned well enough before the tape is used.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello, Was just out looking at the truck and realized my fender flares are peeling once again. This is the 4th time I believe I will have to bring in for a fix. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you or they use to keep it on the body? This 2 sided 3M tape they use here doesn't last more than 2 months.
Body glue could work but good luck getting it off if you need to. Or finding someone with the applicator that wont charge a lot of money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I get the dealer to put it on each time and so youd expect them to not want it in this often and that theyd do it properly. As for what i use, I just use a regular car wash to clean nothing fancy.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Well I get the dealer to put it on each time and so youd expect them to not want it in this often and that theyd do it properly. As for what i use, I just use a regular car wash to clean nothing fancy.
Ok. Was just curious.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a permanent 3M adhesive you could use ( or the dealer could use), and I doubt you ever plan to take them off and run without them, and if you put on pocket flares it would cover any damage from the adhesive since they are wider. But its very strange that is such an issue in a fairly mild climate compared to other areas. I know the Okanogan is hot, but not all year and not near as hot as southern US. Heat definitely makes that adhesive weak, its how I removed mine.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good point. And some of the pocket flares I know install using clips instead of adhesive, to factory mounting points in the fenders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts