Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a hidden winch plate available that can locate a winch in the lower grill? I don't have my Rebel yet or I'd take a look behind the bumper. If it's anything like my previous truck there is more than enough room in there to mount a winch and many options for mounting plates on the market.

I have seen the full on bumper replacements and the bolt on winch pockets but I like the factory bumper and want to keep it. I also like the winch to be inside and behind the bumper. If no one makes one by the time I'm ready to install a winch I might have to make something myself.

I just thought of something: Will mounting a winch void my 7 year 360 degree warranty? Maybe it's a lost cause and I'll just get a hi-lift. :confused:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone know of a hidden winch plate available that can locate a winch in the lower grill? I don't have my Rebel yet or I'd take a look behind the bumper. If it's anything like my previous truck there is more than enough room in there to mount a winch and many options for mounting plates on the market.

I have seen the full on bumper replacements and the bolt on winch pockets but I like the factory bumper and want to keep it. I also like the winch to be inside and behind the bumper. If no one makes one by the time I'm ready to install a winch I might have to make something myself.

I just thought of something: Will mounting a winch void my 7 year 360 degree warranty? Maybe it's a lost cause and I'll just get a hi-lift. :confused:
Being that I mounted my light there...there is a ton of room for a won't tray...not sure though how your get a plate in with taking the whole bumper and skid off. At this point youd probably have to get a plate custom made.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I plan on using that folding plate cover. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I plan on using that folding plate cover. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

Sounds Awesome Chris !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked into this for my tradesman, lots of room between the frame rails for a winch, but no-one is commercially building a kit.. From measuring, the winch could fit behind the OEM bumper with the correct brackets..

YMMV

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ya I got it done, I used a clip on lisence plate holder tho.

Winch Install

1 - 6 of 6 Posts