Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2016 Ram Rebel to replace my old 7.3 Powerstroke. I drive 35 mins on 2 lanes (55+) through farm country early in the morning and I can honestly say these are the worst headlights I have ever had on a vehicle. I did a couple searches and while it seems most guys are just dropping in a set of LED bulbs. While this does cure my gripe of the white/ yellow headlights vs the white/blue drive lights (I can't figure out why Dodge did that), I don't think they'll reach as far out as I want them to.

So I ask the experts, is there a drop in bulb that I can use (the truck already has projectors) that will get me brighter lights that'll reach out further or am I better off dropping the money on a set of Rigid Hypershots and 2 driving lights? I know I'm a bit spoiled because my last 4 vehicles have had HID projectors.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently picked up a 2016 Ram Rebel to replace my old 7.3 Powerstroke. I drive 35 mins on 2 lanes (55+) through farm country early in the morning and I can honestly say these are the worst headlights I have ever had on a vehicle. I did a couple searches and while it seems most guys are just dropping in a set of LED bulbs. While this does cure my gripe of the white/ yellow headlights vs the white/blue drive lights (I can't figure out why Dodge did that), I don't think they'll reach as far out as I want them to.

So I ask the experts, is there a drop in bulb that I can use (the truck already has projectors) that will get me brighter lights that'll reach out further or am I better off dropping the money on a set of Rigid Hypershots and 2 driving lights? I know I'm a bit spoiled because my last 4 vehicles have had HID projectors.....
I put a set of Hikari's in and they are much better than the stock halogens. Bright and clean white. They've been in for almost 2 years with no issues. I have a 2017 with the projectors which should be the same as yours.
HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -HB3/9005, Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts