Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a flame red rebel and want to black out the front silver skid plate. Anyone do this yourself? or should i just tale it to a body shop?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are a couple threads about plastic dip and some other methods people have blacked out the front skid plate. I personally think im going to use bed liner to black mine out. Good luck and post some pics.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did plasti dip. Looks good. But I need to redo it way underneath after the winter cause it's peeled in a few spots. If I ever take it all apart for some other reason then I'll probably just have it painted but not worth the time for the little bit of peeling where no one can see it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Literally just finished mine 3 hours ago. I used Rust-oleum FlexiDip, their version of plasti-dip at 1/2 the price. The finish is really great, took 3 coats just to get full coverage though and then I added 4 more coats for durability and good measure! Got all the coats out of a single can. This and plastidip are very easy to work with you just need to add layers as evenly as you can without going to heavy each time to avoid runs. Other than that every layer dries without any signs of the previous layer, so a little over spray to a section you've already done is no big deal.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Hemitkn

·
Registered
270 Posts
What would everyone think about doing the bumper, tow hooks in bronze??? It would be on my Mojave Sand Edition. Plan eventually to run Method con6's in bronze.

Thanks Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was lucky enough to get a Black Edition Rebel so it came with a black skid plate and wheels. I am planning on doing something with the Silver Ram logo on the front grill and getting black lug nuts.
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Rim Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, couldn't combine the Mojave Sand Ed with the black pkg. I looked lol

·
Registered
2019 Rebel
10 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm new here and just did this to my 2019 Rebel. I thought I'd share what I used, as it was extremely easy and looks great. I used something called Rustoleum Rubberized Undercoating Spray. It's a rubberized spray paint specifically made for the undersides of vehicles. It went on very nice and evenly, and it looks great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm new here and just did this to my 2019 Rebel. I thought I'd share what I used, as it was extremely easy and looks great. I used something called Rustoleum Rubberized Undercoating Spray. It's a rubberized spray paint specifically made for the undersides of vehicles. It went on very nice and evenly, and it looks great.
Do you have a picture of this application?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts