Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still only have 1550 miles on this truck so I like to think I am still in that 'getting' used to it phase.

Today I was out on the highway doing 70 ish and was about to go all in on the throttle for a quick blast when I looked at my hood and immediately thought it was open....it was rocking and rolling all over the place...I immediately put on the blinker and pulled over to the side of the road it was soooo bad...I was thinking 'did I not close it all the way last time I was under there? Did I accidentally pop it and forget it..."

So pull over, get out...fully closed and latched. Pop it anyway and then give it a good slam.

Get back out on the highway....and yup wouldn't you know it....seems normal I suppose......at least on my truck. Those hinges let a lot of movement on the rear of the hood :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have over 7,000 miles on mine and the hood does not move around hardly at all. Mine's a 2016. Hood doesn't move around much even at 80+mph.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I still only have 1550 miles on this truck so I like to think I am still in that 'getting' used to it phase.

Today I was out on the highway doing 70 ish and was about to go all in on the throttle for a quick blast when I looked at my hood and immediately thought it was open....it was rocking and rolling all over the place...I immediately put on the blinker and pulled over to the side of the road it was soooo bad...I was thinking 'did I not close it all the way last time I was under there? Did I accidentally pop it and forget it..."

So pull over, get out...fully closed and latched. Pop it anyway and then give it a good slam.

Get back out on the highway....and yup wouldn't you know it....seems normal I suppose......at least on my truck. Those hinges let a lot of movement on the rear of the hood :(
I was driving home on the diagonal interstate almost a month ago and noticed mine bouncing up and down pretty bad. That highway is always windy and this was a super high wind day and I was flying. I had nephew who is a mechanic with me, I about flipped out, he pointed out my speed and the amount of wind, but I haven't noticed it since that day.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
wind/speed bothers mine a little bit sometimes, had the same issue on previous trucks. i did adjust it to tighten it some,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just going to chalk it up to new truck stuff.

I literally was the first I was driving into Sun near sunset time and had my gaze lower using the black stripes on the hood to help focus.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also get a lot of play on my hood on windy days. Thought it was normal and have actually pulled over a couple of times to double check that it was closed. Glad to read I am not the only one. I thought I was losing my mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.