Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping out my antenna with a smaller black one.

Is there any special trick to remove the antenna beside just applying pressure and turning?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Be sure to hold your tongue to the left side of your mouth!

Seriously, it just unscrews from the chromed collar. If you unscrew the collar itself the antenna holder will fall off the side of the truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be sure to hold your tongue to the left side of your mouth!

Seriously, it just unscrews from the chromed collar. If you unscrew the collar itself the antenna holder will fall off the side of the truck.
Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
There should also be two flats at the base of antenna where you can use a wrench(either 8mm or 10mm size) to loosen it as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for support
Here goes. It looks better than the chrome flag pole. $20 plus off of Amazon

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't noticed any change in reception after switching out to the 13" AntennaX. As far as the gap, I wrapped the exposed threads tightly with electrical tape, the gap is still there but it's black now so not as noticeable. I may keep an eye out for some type of thick black washer down the road, but I'm good for now.

Reactions: Rebel Shores

·
Registered
165 Posts
most of them i think are either one bolt or just screw offs. i have always wondered why they still use antennas while every other company starts going with the fin. plus we have the fin as well haha makes no sense.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Absolutely no idea. I only use the Sirius radio or play through my phone to the truck. Its for show ,not function. My son clipped an elk with it though so I had to have the base repaired but the bullet held up well and went right back on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts