Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Rebel has been making a funny noise/vibration but not all the time. Intermittently after some heavy acceleration I get the symptoms that feel like they are coming from under the floor. It sounds much like an RV water pump? It's not speed related, as in the pitch is constant regardless of speed. But it stop the second the truck stops?

Been doing it about 6 months but as mentioned not every time I make the Hemi work!! Because I can't make it do it, I see no point being without it while the dealer "plays" with it.

Anyone else had similar issues, or at this point a good W.A.G!!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
94 Posts
No idea for the most part, but if it only does it while in montion that points towards the driveline.
check for a loose sway bar in the front, that is common. Other than that search through the driveshafts for play, but in all honestly I think your issue would be resonance through the transfer case or transmission, or differentials. Pay attention to where and when it happens, what makes it begin and what makes it go away. It should help you narrow it down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check your wheel bearings. A good test is to lightly turn your wheel to the left and right when your driving. The noise will get louder in one direction and quieter in the other direction. Note, you are not actually turning your wheel, its more like a slight sway or swerve like if you were avoiding a pot hole in the road or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts