Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the wonky dial shifter.

I drove a manual 3500 Dually for 8+ years.....so I'm 'used' to setting the parking park and jumping out.....normally I shut the truck off so I am half way out when the dash yelling at me the truck is still on catches my attention....but when I am doing things like....getting the mail, picking up trash cans....muscle memory is still kicking in.....come to a stop, push down the ebrake, get out.

The only saving grace here is I suppose that the ebrake actually does a good job since I just got the mail and loading three trash cans into the back of the truck, jump back in...and it was still in gear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I keep trying to turn up/down the radio with the shifter. They made them different colors, but they're still too close together. I'd rather have push buttons or make the knob a completely different shape...

·
Registered
43 Posts
The worse part is when I jump into the Grand Cherokee and reach for the nob. Or when reach for the shift level and push on the clutch pedal with my left foot.:eek:
My gf laughs at me every time. o_O

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is my 1st auto ever, so now even after almost a year and a half, I still try to shut mine off in gear. I am constantly waving my right arm looking to shift or kicking the floor with my left foot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even worse is frequent switching between vehicles. One very old 4-on-the-floor (really a 3-speed with granny and a mystery reverse), one console auto with stick manual override, and the Rebel.
Hah..

I go through too many vehicle every day. Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Mercedes, jeeps etc. I jump in and it takes a few seconds to get back in that particular mode.

PS... They're not mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You some kind of race car driver or somethin?
Executive protection for a world top 100 billionaire. One of the perks.. Stretching out the cars to keep them active. It's a terrible job. Third career. Military, retired leo.. now a rolling armed concierge of sorts.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Executive protection for a world top 100 billionaire. One of the perks.. Stretching out the cars to keep them active. It's a terrible job. Third career. Military, retired leo.. now a rolling armed concierge of sorts.
Sweet mother of.....wow! Nice gig you got going on there.... Congrats on the mil retirement and thanks for your service. What service were you in? And are you hiring? Lol

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Retired from the military, retired from second civilian career. I don't have to focus on driving as part of a job. I woodwork for fun, and drive toys and tractors more than on-road vehicles. But I have put 12k miles on my truck in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Retired from the military, retired from second civilian career. I don't have to focus on driving as part of a job. I woodwork for fun, and drive toys and tractors more than on-road vehicles. But I have put 12k miles on my truck in the last 2 years.
That was my plan.
Fishing, motorcycles, camping, hunting...
Retired... Took 3 months off.
Took this job to lend a hand two days a week. That morphed into 70+ hour weeks.

Life deals us some strange hands.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Couldn't convince me to work for someone else again at this point in my life. Had just enough stupid bosses mixed in with the good ones over time, that I refuse to repeat. I don't even do custom-order woodworking because I won't work to someone else's tune. I design and create things, mostly for family, and I do take requests from them sometimes. And if I make something and I decide not to keep it and no one else wants it, I put it up for sale. But I won't take requests or designs from anyone except family.

I also fish all the time, play with boats, atvs, bikes as much as I want. Took the grandkids fishing Friday since they're out of school. That will happen a lot this summer, hopefully a few days a week, depending on their schedule.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Couldn't convince me to work for someone else again at this point in my life. Had just enough stupid bosses mixed in with the good ones over time, that I refuse to repeat. I don't even do custom-order woodworking because I won't work to someone else's tune. I design and create things, mostly for family, and I do take requests from them sometimes. And if I make something and I decide not to keep it and no one else wants it, I put it up for sale. But I won't take requests or designs from anyone except family.

I also fish all the time, play with boats, atvs, bikes as much as I want. Took the grandkids fishing Friday since they're out of school. That will happen a lot this summer, hopefully a few days a week, depending on their schedule.
Ya fishing is fun. I try to go as much as possiible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.