Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before moving the forum to the cloud, I could upload images to threads up to the max 6.8 MB file size. After the move to the cloud, my images cannot be greater then 80 KB size. That is tiny by today's standard.

·
Administrator
91 Posts
Is that what the setting says when you push "Upload a File"? Not what I'm seeing, and after checking the settings in the back end it still lists the max at about 7 MB

Kevin

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, "upload a file". It says 6.8 MB limit but it wouldn't accept a file (jpg), until I reduced file size below 100 kb. The jpg was 680 kb originally. When I tried the original size file it gets stuck at a random number % uploaded and never recovers.

This has never happened until the forum was moved to the cloud.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrome and a windows 10 home pc here. Tried different jpg images over 100 KB. All stop around 15-75% uploading. The larger files stop earlier then the smaller ones.

·
Administrator
91 Posts
That file I just uploaded was 5.5MB. Went through no problem.

If anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know. Otherwise sportcoupe, it may be that there was a glitch with your specific account. Like winning the reverse lottery.

Any plugins or extensions in play with your Chrome Browser? Ad Blockers, Password Saver, etc? If yes, can you try disabling them and see if that makes a difference?

Also, can you try another browser if you have one? If you are using Windows 10, Edge should be fine to test with. Just want to figure out the scope of this

Kevin

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from a 2200 road trip in the Rebel. It's fantastic driving long distances in.

Testing again with a 1.55MB jpg, Chrome Browser. Nothing has changed on my end.

Stuck at 7%

upload_2018-4-30_19-27-10.png

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Testing again with same 1.55MB jpg image using Windows 10 Edge Browser. Browser warned me that it is blocking Adobe Flash from your site. Upload doesn't show percent but is instead locked up.

upload_2018-4-30_19-32-56.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
A final test
large test image.jpg

mithrandir.JPG

Couple posts, this time from a test account with the same permissions as yours. This time as thumbnails instead of the fullsize one

Kevin

·
Administrator
91 Posts
Well that test didn't get us far. Guessing there must be some other aspect I'm missing.

Can you give me the specs of an image you try that fails? Size, dimensions, and type for starters

Kevin

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a test using Chrome again but disabling Avast Antivirus. I've never had to disable it before.

5.5MB image on my trip to Moab, UT.

IMG_2805.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Testing...FIXED. I had to click "Enable Web Scanning" in Avast settings to allow image upload. The setting must have been part of an automatic program update.

Jeep image is 1.62MB

upload_2018-5-9_18-30-52.png

IMG_4555.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts