Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything went real smooth like, right up to the point I snapped the IAT sensor in half whilst trying to install it in the new unit. Whichever bean-counter was responsible for making that little sensor so unbelievably delicate ought to be given at least 2 floggings. Full disclosure: I flogged myself already for being over exuberant on the install.

Got the new sensor this morning, got it installed (you really need to reem out the port where that IAT goes, no if's, and's, or but's about that. Back on the road, mildly growlier and perceptible throttle response improvement...(at least that's what I keep telling myself)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I "pressed" my sensor into the hole on the K & N, it was very tight, but, a constant straight pressure worked for me

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same here in the mopar one I just pushed strait in... Eventually popped in but was tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
What size did you ream it out? Was you IAT sensor a twist lock in the stock air inlet hose?
yes, it was a twist type on the stock outlet, I didn't bore it out, I just pressed it in against a hard surface

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size did you ream it out? Was you IAT sensor a twist lock in the stock air inlet hose?
I ended up using a 1/2" bit and reamed it by hand (no drill, literally by-hand)...there was no way on earth that sensor was going to go into that port without a little relief (hence the very broken IAT sensor on the first attempt). I took tiny bits off at a time and constantly rechecked it. Obviously it needed to be a tight, friction fit in the new part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Looks like the IAT sensor is approx 1/16" wider than hole in intake hose. I am going to order another IAT sensor and use your method.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Looks like the IAT sensor is approx 1/16" wider than hole in intake hose. I am going to order another IAT sensor and use your method.
I cant stress enough to just take small amounts at a time...I had the 'luxury' of the broken IAT that I could use to test fit into the modified intake...the fit was still very tight, as it should be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put my mopar cai in yesterday, took me longer to look for the little rubber bushings that had to be swapped and fell into the engine bay. Everything went together well, just really tight on the vent tube, and really had to stretch the the main intake tube. Seemed tight and it pushed up the cover on the motor a bit... Is that normal? No check engines so I guess it's all together correct. Didn't go on as easy or nice as my Volant one did onto my Nissan Frontier

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put my mopar cai in yesterday, took me longer to look for the little rubber bushings that had to be swapped and fell into the engine bay. Everything went together well, just really tight on the vent tube, and really had to stretch the the main intake tube. Seemed tight and it pushed up the cover on the motor a bit... Is that normal? No check engines so I guess it's all together correct. Didn't go on as easy or nice as my Volant one did onto my Nissan Frontier

Yup vent tube has a good strong fitment, and the intake tube needs to be 'stretched' to fit, I didn't notice mine causing the engine cover to be moved though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts