Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, let me say you have a pretty nice looking forum!

My name is Mark Rowe, I'm one of the owners of Great Lakes Raptor Excursions & Great Lakes Offroad Excursions. (I'm not a Troll, I promise & I checked with Cerealkiller prior to posting.)
We specialize in organizing exclusive offroad events & trips in the Great Lakes region of the US and annually raise $30-40K for charity in the process. To date we've primarily events tailored for Ford Raptor owners, but with the release of other factory offroad capable vehicles like the Ram Rebel, Tundra TRD-Pro, Reaper, etc. we've been discussing and researching the feasibility of branching out and putting on some events for a different vehicle group. Some of the things we generally look for is enthusiasm towards using the vehicle in an offroad environment, overall cost of the vehicle, etc. I'm reaching out to this community to possibly open a dialogue and try to find out if this is something that your community and possibly this forum would support.

I've attached some videos from our previous Raptor events to show some of the types of events we've put together.

Thanks for your time,
Mark Rowe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would sure be fun!
It is a lot of fun, and you find there ends up being a lot of comradery at these types of events. Getting stuck, occasionally breaking something, forgetting tools, the unexpected flat tire, etc. are part of offroading and it always amazes me seeing people come together to help someone out. At the end of the day there's always stories from the trail and lots of laughing. It's always goodtimes.

I'll be releasing a new promo video for our upcoming SnoBall event, I'll post it on here when I release it.

jackdebrabander & SRT21, since you guys are in SE Michigan would you possibly be interested in meeting up sometime? Maybe do a day trip and run some trails? We'd really like to check the trucks out and get a feel for how they perform.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As Promised, here is the preview video for our upcoming "SnoBall" event.
A little bit about it, The SnoBall is held annually every January in Michigan's Upper Penninsula. Utilizing more than 600 miles of ORV Routes, season roads and back roads drivers encounter everything from hard pack snow, Ice, deep powder, and wet heavy snow over three days of driving. There is a charity raffle that benefits the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and we usually raise in excess of $10-15k every year. This is the only winter driving event that is 100% approved and sanctioned by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the lack of interaction lately. Had a death in the family and I haven't been online very much.

Just a heads up, we are going to be doing an open offroad event in May 2016 located in Northeastern Ohio, not far from Pittsburgh, PA.
I can't go into the full details just yet since we haven't formally announced the event and ironed out some of the logistics, but I can give a vague overview.

It'll be held on private property.

There will be a vendor area with product on display and for sale.

Live music and bonfires in the evenings.

We will have a large banquet and charity raffle benefiting a large well known charity. 100% proceeds of the raffle will go to said charity.

All participants get an event shirt, goodie bag, event placards and more.

There will be basically three types of trail systems.

Tight/technical - Narrow wooded Jeep trails with tight corners and obstacles. Some corners/sections may be to tight for full size trucks.

Medium Level - Wide semi-groomed wooded trails. Wide enough to fit large trucks through, rough sections, mud, climbs, etc. Technical enough to be fun, but tame enough that a stock truck will not be beat to death and broken... no fun in that.

High Speed - Closed course separate from the rest of the trails designed for Ford Raptors all the way up to full race prepped vehicles. Will contain jumps, whoops, banks, drops, etc.

Below are some pictures from the property taken from some of the events and trails rides this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts