Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Ram Rebel. With under 1000 km I noticed the seats upholstery is not fully sewn at the bottom. Took it to the dealer and they said it's normal.

The first time it was cold here. - 20 the truck wouldn't remote start. Went to the truck engine light was on checked everything. Coolants ,etc . All normal. Later that day -10 engine light was off. The truck was only 3 months old at this time and less than 10 000 km

Thought it may have been a loose gas cap. Didn't take it in.

Next time it was cold -16 same issue.Less than 12 000 km Took it to the dealer . They said it was a software update. They updated it.

A few weeks later -18 same issue.With engine light and remote start.
Now on top of it I get the smell of coolant in the cab. The transmission shifts irregularly when cold gas mileage went for a crap. Around

I took it to the dealer. They tell me the throttle body was bad.Also they could not find the coolant leak. They ordered a new throttle body with now built in sensors. 2 days later they call me and tell me they found a leak in the heater core. Still no idea what's causing the irregular shifting in the transmission.

My Ram rebel experience has been horrible so far

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I enjoy mine a lot. I've been lucky to have zero maintenance issues on this one. But even if I had a couple, as long as they're fixed under warranty, I'd call it a great experience. I always expect to have a problem or three. Nothing mechanical is "perfect" once you get it off the lot. Plus, there's always a chance some bolt didn't get torqued adequately, or some microscopic flaw in metal or rubber gets big fast under stress. After 40+ years of supporting equipment and technology, I expect that, and just try to enjoy the ride for what it is. The most expensive systems in the world still occasionally have flaws that show up under use. But the question is: do you enjoy it while it's running? And does the negative experience outweigh the enjoyment? For me, all my Dodge/Ram trucks have been great. Even though I've had some pretty expensive out-of-warranty repairs on some.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
When I was looking for a truck and deciding between a Chevy or Ram, I stumbled across the "rebel" brand. It was love at first site....after telling the dealer that this is the truck I want...which may have been a mistake as I obviously tipped my hand and never even took it for a test drive before purchasing ...anyway long story long, got my 2017 rebel in October and roughly 8k miles already. Not a single issue. Received a ton of complementary comments on seats, two tone interior, cluster....tires...etc....Chevy guys were even impressed.

So, ya, I guess Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've noticed that when turning a corner sometimes I get more or less air from a vent. That's just inertia of the air stream because the truck is turning but the air stream is not. Never noticed a difference in the stream temp, though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 275k miles on a 2010 Ram Hemi (I drove it until late 2015, my son drives it now) and my 2016 Rebel has 75k miles on it. No problems at all with either truck. I did just replace wheel bearings on the 2010, and rear brake pads - you'd think they'd make them to last more than 275k miles!

I'd tell you the stories about my new 2008, 2009, and 2010 Chevy trucks, but I don't want to take up that much bandwidth.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Chevy just doesn't have a right team in place. They have always been very conservative in design and performance. Afraid to kick it up a notch and have fallen behind. Shame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was looking for a truck and deciding between a Chevy or Ram, I stumbled across the "rebel" brand. It was love at first site....after telling the dealer that this is the truck I want...which may have been a mistake as I obviously tipped my hand and never even took it for a test drive before purchasing ...anyway long story long, got my 2017 rebel in October and roughly 8k miles already. Not a single issue. Received a ton of complementary comments on seats, two tone interior, cluster....tires...etc....Chevy guys were even impressed.
Lucky you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.