Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! I've been trying my best to join the ranks as a Rebel owner, and I'm having some trouble finding the deal I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations aren't realistic. I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it for me.

Here's the best deal I've gotten so far:

MSRP: 53,720
Invoice: 50,273
Price: 49,073
Incentives: 4,500
-----------------------
Total 44,573 plus taxes, title, and tag

Is this the best I can hope to get or should I keep trying? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got over 10K off my 2017 in late July 2017.

Mine retailed for over 57,000....and I got it for 46,000 and change.

I'd look around a bit more. Be willing to travel...and hit the dealership up toward the end of the month when they may need to hit sales goals.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
You really need to look at the options the truck is coming with. Someone will tell you that they got theirs for 10cents on the dollar, others will tell you that you paid too much.
So to be somewhat realistic, what options you have/want, is it new/ used...etc.
I personally think that dealers give you the best price possible as its a cut throat sales business out there- and they know this. All they have to do is go on eBay and see what the online dealers are selling the trucks for. So do your research and shop around. And remember that those fantastic options cost money and that's where they get ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sticker on mine was $54k and we paid $47k. I feel like we got a fair price. Part of that is personal opinion since it had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. As Zim mentioned, some will think I overpaid, but at the end of the day I'm happy I got the truck of my dreams for under $50k.

·
Registered
969 Posts
From time to time different dealers get different incentives. Shop around, the most I have seen is $12k incentives but their must be better. Shopping can be worth it if you have the time and effort to shop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Different areas have different demand levels. In the denver area rebels sell very fast, they dont deal on them as aggresively as they may other vehicles. What people paid elsewhere has little bearing on what you will pay. Its between you and your budget to decide.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Different areas have different demand levels. In the denver area rebels sell very fast, they dont deal on them as aggresively as they may other vehicles. What people paid elsewhere has little bearing on what you will pay. Its between you and your budget to decide.
This - when I purchased my Rebel Labor Day weekend of '16 they had two red ones on the lot. They were discounted as they we '16s and I first saw them in mid August. Happened to come in Sat. of labor day weekend an both were discounted an additional 20% from FCA. Sticker was almost $54,000 ended up paying less than $37,000. It was well equipped and had everything I wanted. The only thing it had that I would not have ordered were the trailer tow mirrors with no electric folding function. They are large for driving where I live. Anyway I can change them out if need be. At that point Rebels had not been selling well in my area, soon after they began to sell much more quickly and prices have changed accordingly. Hope you find your deal and can enjoy a Rebel. I still love driving mine - great truck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1st dealership I test drove one at had a 2015 bare bones Rebel. After the drive, the dealer was really pushy to run numbers. After he started, I handed him a sheet for a purchasing program from work. He looked at it and tossed it back at me and said we aren't giving this truck away. I never wanted the truck I test drove, but didn't tell him that. I then talked to a dealer in my home town. He had me stack my purchase program and with incentives and I ordered a 2016 instead of looking for year end deals on almost what I wanted. I got a decent deal, but I know guys on here got away cheaper than I did. willingness to go elsewhere will help get a better purchase price.
The best part was the jerk's secretary and then the jerk himself called to tell me I need to hurry on the 1st truck because someone else was interested. I told him to hurry up and sell it before its a permanent part of his dealership. He got quiet and then huffy before I hung up on him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received $9,500 off MSRP in Sept 2017 for my 17 Rebel. I think demand is up for them now as they have become more popular. I think you need to ask yourself what a fair price is and if you're willing to take the time and effort to get an extra $500 off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everyone!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to choose from. There aren't many rebels on the road where I live. I did a search in a 200 mile radius on Ram's site. There are only 10 white rebels with the ramboxes on dealer lots, and 7-8 of those are too fully loaded with things I don't want to pay for.

It seems the dealers around here know how rare they are and aren't discounting then the way they do their other trucks. They'll almost pay you to take a Big Horn off their hands.

I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I bought one! I already had tires, wheels, lift kit, fender flares, and decals sitting in my garage. I can't wait to get started on it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! Curious on what you got, how much you paid, and where from. I’m currently in the market too.
Sure, I got a 2018 V8 4x4 with luxury group, keyless go, Alpine system, ram box, rear defroster, and I had them add the trailer brakes. The MSRP was $54,015, and I got it for $43,815. There are better deals out there, but I live in SC and there were only 2 white rebels in a 200 mile radius equipped the way I wanted and the other one was a demo with 3,600 miles on it already. I negotiated this one over the phone and went to pick it up the same day. I'm glad my search is over. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I’m looking for Ramboxes too with very similar options, just in different colors. Shopping in SoCal and other Western States. Which dealership did you end up going with? I think also ran into the Demos with mileage in SoCal. Rydell? Thanks again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought mine from Stanly County CJDR in Albemarle, NC. I'm not sure why the ram boxes are so hard to find. They're awesome and would seem to be in high demand.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Different areas have different customers for sure. The dealer where I bought mine almost everything they order now seem to be equipped with RAM box. A year and a half ago when I purchased most were regular box. I was kicking tires thinking about trading our Jeep GC for a Ram. Was looking at the dealers inventory online even all their Limiteds are RAM box equipped. There must be demand. This would be a truck used for a highway commute to our vacation place and I would probably put a cap on it so was looking for a regular bed.

Enjoy your truck, I really like mine. Have fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts