Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hoping for some insight here, first of all I hate haggling. Not my forte, I respect those that can but its just not my thing.

With my work we get preferred pricing with Chrysler and I've done up the deal online with all the options I wanted (pretty much loaded with the exception of the tow mirrors) and this is the price I get. I'm just curious how good of a deal this really is. I'm thinking its pretty decent all things considered.

The sales guy said the dealership doesn't make any money off these deals (they'll get their pound of flesh from my trade I'm sure). The preferred pricing gives me "dealer invoice cost plus $25". They basically just do the ordering for me as the middleman. They make their $$ off the service.

What are you thoughts, decent enough?

Pricing is all CAD$$

Pic1.JPG

Pic2.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea I'm trying to work a deal like that WITHOUT some of those options. That's pretty darn good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sell cars for a living.

The invoice you see, as a consumer, is never the true cost the dealership pays for the vehicle. Manufacturers have money that gets kicked back to the dealer who sells the car.

I'll give you an example. I got my 17 ram rebel for 3000 under invoice. And no I don't work for Dodge/Chrysler/Ram.

The dealership I work for is constantly running ads, 1000-2000 under invoice depending on the model. And yes we still make money on those deals. So unfortunately an invoice deal, although for many are still a good deal, are not the best possible deal they could get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The invoice you see, as a consumer, is never the true cost the dealership pays for the vehicle. Manufacturers have money that gets kicked back to the dealer who sells the car.

I'll give you an example. I got my 17 ram rebel for 3000 under invoice. And no I don't work for Dodge/Chrysler/Ram.

The dealership I work for is constantly running ads, 1000-2000 under invoice depending on the model. And yes we still make money on those deals. So unfortunately an invoice deal, although for many are still a good deal, are not the best possible deal they could get.
Hey,

Thanks for this, I still need to get my trade valued and tack on the extended warranty so this info is useful when I get the "we're not making any money off this deal" line as justification for screwing me on other things. This will be my third dodge (second from this dealership) so I'm hoping to use that to my advantage as well.

We're limited in the number of dealers in the area.

·
Registered
33 Posts

How likely is it that a dealership is willing to give up any of their holdback though? I can imagine a lot of places would let someone like me walk instead of going under invoice unless they're within a few sales of meeting month end or year end sales goals, right?

A couple of weeks ago I was quoted $42k for a $52k MSRP 2016 Rebel...Invoice of $48k less $6k in incentives at that time. I passed bc I wasn't sure if I should be pushing to dip into their holdback or not. I don't need to make the trade for my Sport so I didn't want to piss off the owner of the dealership since I was dealing directly with him.

My father was in the business for 30 years so I know about how everything works but at the same time I'm not trying to push someone to make me a deal where they make nothing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A couple of weeks ago I was quoted $42k for a $52k MSRP 2016 Rebel...Invoice of $48k less $6k in incentives at that time. I passed bc I wasn't sure if I should be pushing to dip into their holdback or not. I don't need to make the trade for my Sport so I didn't want to piss off the owner of the dealership since I was dealing directly with him.
I'm confused, are you saying you thought they were giving you too good of a deal? LOL. I guess I'm not nearly as magnanimous as you, I'd rather the cash in my pocket than someone else's. Mind you, if you have a personal connection to the dealer that might be a different situation... although I'd still expect a really good deal. I can tell you the owner of any dealers around here couldn't care less if the scattered person gets a really sweet deal as most will take list price what they are offered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm confused, are you saying you thought they were giving you too good of a deal? LOL. I guess I'm not nearly as magnanimous as you, I'd rather the cash in my pocket than someone else's. Mind you, if you have a personal connection to the dealer that might be a different situation... although I'd still expect a really good deal. I can tell you the owner of any dealers around here couldn't care less if the scattered person gets a really sweet deal as most will take list price what they are offered.
No I passed on it because it wasn't a good enough deal for me, but at the same time I'm not gonna press the guy to dip into his holdback. I'd rather walk away and try again if the truck sits in his inventory for a while. Playing the long game haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I passed on it because it wasn't a good enough deal for me, but at the same time I'm not gonna press the guy to dip into his holdback. I'd rather walk away and try again if the truck sits in his inventory for a while. Playing the long game haha.

Okay, I think I get you. You're saying the price could be reduced without digging into the holdback? Meaning the amount FCA gets would be less, but not the dealer?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay, I think I get you. You're saying the price could be reduced without digging into the holdback? Meaning the amount FCA gets would be less, but not the dealer?
Haha no...Just saying rather than press the guy right there, since I have no actual need for the truck, I'm betting it sits there and he gets desperate to get it off his lot. Rather than ask him to go below dealer invoice I'll wait him out and see if he reaches back out to me, or check in with him in a couple months.

I'd rather maintain the relationship in case I ever really need a favor (the guy plays poker with my uncle) rather than try to press him down as far as I know he can go. End of the day I own a business too so I don't look to eat up other people's profits to where they're breaking even, but if they're willing to OFFER it to me to get rid of it, I won't mind haha.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you have a business with vehicles, you could check fleet pricing options. Some guys get additional discounts for that.

Can't imagine any dealer getting desperate to get rid of a Rebel. They're pretty limited, and fairly popular. I've got a friend in a dealership that says they disappear off the lot. Get one in, it's gone. That's closer to east coast than where I live.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have a business with vehicles, you could check fleet pricing options. Some guys get additional discounts for that.

Can't imagine any dealer getting desperate to get rid of a Rebel. They're pretty limited, and fairly popular. I've got a friend in a dealership that says they disappear off the lot. Get one in, it's gone. That's closer to east coast than where I live.
This one is a 2016 though and he has 3 of them in his inventory. If I can get a 2017 right now for 42-43k OTD there's no reason a 2016 should cost me the same haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine was bought on July 3rd for a July 4th special savings offer was 44k after all taxes title and warranty of course options can play a huge difference in the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2017 that is pretty much loaded. It doesn't have a few options like the larger gas tank and running boards but I'm fine with that. I traded a 06 1500 with 80k miles and I got mine for 28k with the trade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys,

Hoping for some insight here, first of all I hate haggling. Not my forte, I respect those that can but its just not my thing.

With my work we get preferred pricing with Chrysler and I've done up the deal online with all the options I wanted (pretty much loaded with the exception of the tow mirrors) and this is the price I get. I'm just curious how good of a deal this really is. I'm thinking its pretty decent all things considered.

The sales guy said the dealership doesn't make any money off these deals (they'll get their pound of flesh from my trade I'm sure). The preferred pricing gives me "dealer invoice cost plus $25". They basically just do the ordering for me as the middleman. They make their $$ off the service.

What are you thoughts, decent enough?

Pricing is all CAD$$

View attachment 11609

View attachment 11617
Bought my 2017 Rebel a couple months ago - MSRP was 55,905, OTD was 44,604. Dealer made some money and I felt good about the price. All I can ask from a dealer. This is the third Dodge/Ram I've purchased from them. A no-nonsense owner who drives a RAM 2500 diesel helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a similar experience like SCmalinois. I ended up getting a loaded black edition w/sunroof last week. MSRP was just shy of 56k and we settled around 42k. Out the door put me right around 44,600

·
Registered
34 Posts
2017 White, loaded... only missing options: the trailer brake control (since added), ass air conditioning (can't add :( ) and has the 26 gallon tank.... MSRP $55,080... signed paperwork for $48,000. Last day of the month, inked at 8:00pm. They had some goal they were really trying to reach, lol. What really sold me was that they gave me what I paid for my '14 FJ with 52k miles.

There was no way I wasn't signing that deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dead Chevy:
20170920_195711.jpg

Been sitting there since I moved... Needs floor pans. I have them, just haven't had a chance to put them in yet. Been fighting with a completely worthless pool since I moved in and it's sucking up all my money and time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts