Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened! Frick’n Deer…
After a full day of Crabbing last weekend, I was on my way home at about 7:30pm traveling at 60+ mph on the freeway, when a full grown male Mule Deer jumped out onto the freeway. All I had time to do was hold onto the steering wheel. There was a car next to me as traffic was Moderate, so I couldnt swerve to attempt to avoid it

Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

considering my speed and the size of the animal… the Damage isn’t as bad as it could have been. Headlights, fog lights, and grill are all intact. The skid was pushed up on the side that the deer went under the truck. I was lucky because he had multiple forks on its antlers and not one caught anything under the truck.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

The bumper was pushed in slightly where he made impact and now the tow hook stick out more than the other side. Well I guess I should say more of the tow hook is exposed now.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

passenger door was scratched and dented slightly where his hind legs and hooves hit the door, when it’s back was broke on impact before he went under the truck…

now the question is to I bend the skid plate up to match where his body pushed the skid plate up? my wife wanted to get the truck painted where the door got scratched, but I’m thinking of leaving it as a battle scar LOL

considering what could have happened. This isn’t too bad. The only thing that I do need to get fixed, is my alignment

·
Registered
3 Posts
It finally happened! Frick’n Deer…
After a full day of Crabbing last weekend, I was on my way home at about 7:30pm traveling at 60+ mph on the freeway, when a full grown male Mule Deer jumped out onto the freeway. All I had time to do was hold onto the steering wheel. There was a car next to me as traffic was Moderate, so I couldnt swerve to attempt to avoid it

View attachment 31974
considering my speed and the size of the animal… the Damage isn’t as bad as it could have been. Headlights, fog lights, and grill are all intact. The skid was pushed up on the side that the deer went under the truck. I was lucky because he had multiple forks on its antlers and not one caught anything under the truck.

View attachment 31975
The bumper was pushed in slightly where he made impact and now the tow hook stick out more than the other side. Well I guess I should say more of the tow hook is exposed now.

View attachment 31976

passenger door was scratched and dented slightly where his hind legs and hooves hit the door, when it’s back was broke on impact before he went under the truck…

now the question is to I bend the skid plate up to match where his body pushed the skid plate up? my wife wanted to get the truck painted where the door got scratched, but I’m thinking of leaving it as a battle scar LOL

considering what could have happened. This isn’t too bad. The only thing that I do need to get fixed, is my alignment
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Pigeon at 60 mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts