Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new truck has arrived at the dealer, Cant pick it up until next week due to travel plans. So far I have several interesting dealer mistakes that are working in my favor as long as I dont get to their finance dept and get a rude surprise or 3.
Truck arrived while I was in Texas last week. Salesman Texts me with some pics and asks what color tint do I want. I reply,"Um tint? what tint?" He says,"It's part of the dealers desert protection plan, We put it on every truck we sell it includes tint, fabric sealer, and etching the window glass with security numbers." I respond,"We deleted the dpp remember?" an hour or so later the salesman texts me,"We did delete the dpp, what color tint do you want? We will install it for free." Hmmm
So I text back and tell him to indulge himself on the tint just keep it legal and gave him some specific peramiters. He then texts me and says, We hit a snag in the fender flares. He had quoted me 459.00 on the flares and 85.00 on the install, He explained that the 85.00 install was a mistake and service said install would be 385.00. I said at that point I'd pass. A short time later he texted back and said he gave parts an earfull and they agreed to honor the 85.00 install. So yesterday a buddy and I snuck into the dealership unannounced and found the truck and took a peek. It has the new flares on the new tint on and the windows are etched. Not sure if the fabric was sealed. Not sure if the real story is they already installed the dpp before he even contacted me and decided to eat it. I am also not sure how I feel about the etched glass. I passed on it on my 2014 so for a while it is going to stick out like a sore thumb to me. I have been waiting since Jan for the truck and would hate to wait another 3 months for another just because I dont like etched glass. by the way the truck does look seriously badass. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the etched glass?

·
Registered
271 Posts
The new truck has arrived at the dealer, Cant pick it up until next week due to travel plans. So far I have several interesting dealer mistakes that are working in my favor as long as I dont get to their finance dept and get a rude surprise or 3.
Truck arrived while I was in Texas last week. Salesman Texts me with some pics and asks what color tint do I want. I reply,"Um tint? what tint?" He says,"It's part of the dealers desert protection plan, We put it on every truck we sell it includes tint, fabric sealer, and etching the window glass with security numbers." I respond,"We deleted the dpp remember?" an hour or so later the salesman texts me,"We did delete the dpp, what color tint do you want? We will install it for free." Hmmm
So I text back and tell him to indulge himself on the tint just keep it legal and gave him some specific peramiters. He then texts me and says, We hit a snag in the fender flares. He had quoted me 459.00 on the flares and 85.00 on the install, He explained that the 85.00 install was a mistake and service said install would be 385.00. I said at that point I'd pass. A short time later he texted back and said he gave parts an earfull and they agreed to honor the 85.00 install. So yesterday a buddy and I snuck into the dealership unannounced and found the truck and took a peek. It has the new flares on the new tint on and the windows are etched. Not sure if the fabric was sealed. Not sure if the real story is they already installed the dpp before he even contacted me and decided to eat it. I am also not sure how I feel about the etched glass. I passed on it on my 2014 so for a while it is going to stick out like a sore thumb to me. I have been waiting since Jan for the truck and would hate to wait another 3 months for another just because I dont like etched glass. by the way the truck does look seriously badass. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the etched glass?
Sorry but what is ddp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.