Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Never heard of em took a quick look and I wouldn't touch it personally not really much there for our trucks anyway. What are you looking at any one of their modules or something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to agree, Jet Performance 20 years ago worked great. Today they just aren't up to par with technology. I went with Pedal Commander & Edge Pulsar being that the factory computer is locked. You're limited to the tunes that come with it and cannot tweak anything, hence the pedal commander for some flexibility. This thing is an animal now & for the time being I'm more than happy. Only problem I have is I have to feather the throttle off the line or it starts to hop. No one makes ladder bars for the air suspension, so I'm in the process of having a custom set built.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have to agree, Jet Performance 20 years ago worked great. Today they just aren't up to par with technology. I went with Pedal Commander & Edge Pulsar being that the factory computer is locked. You're limited to the tunes that come with it and cannot tweak anything, hence the pedal commander for some flexibility. This thing is an animal now & for the time being I'm more than happy. Only problem I have is I have to feather the throttle off the line or it starts to hop. No one makes ladder bars for the air suspension, so I'm in the process of having a custom set built.
Well you can get a custom tune you just need an Unlocked pcm along with a tuner it's just an expensive option

·
Registered
258 Posts
You lucky bastard I want a super charger so bad especially when buddy has a 392 challenger shaker something or other ( it's a long name point is its fast)
All I wanna do is beat him in a race then run over his car is that too much to ask for lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
You lucky bastard I want a super charger so bad especially when buddy has a 392 challenger shaker something or other ( it's a long name point is its fast)
All I wanna do is beat him in a race then run over his car is that too much to ask for lol
Hahaha I've been going nuts waiting for the dam thing, but with covid everything came to a halt. I special ordered the Hugger Orange Powder coat but hopefully things will start ramping back up with them soon. At least it gives me time to get the ladder bar issue worked out. These are animals just with the simple bolt ons I mentioned along with the exhaust and the factory ram air set up I put on. I know for a fact if I could launch it now I'd be able to take a 5.0 mustang or the likes. With the twin screw I have an instant 150hp gain with the tune HPtuner already has setup for the whipple and still goto the grocery store with the kids :devilish:.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My experience was not good in doing business with JET PERFORMANCE !!!
I purchased the Excellerator , Part # 40140, their version of the pedal commander and it did NOT FIT my accelerator pedal connector even though it was specified and verified through phone calls with their tech line in Huntington Beach, California prior to purchase on their website Jet Performance.com.
After I contacted tech support and sent them pictures, I was told to send them the item and I would be refunded the $244 through PayPal, the way I paid them.
WELL THAT TOOK 5 WEEKS AFTER THEY RECEIVED THE ITEM, VERIFIED WITH THE RM NUMBER AND TRACKING UPS ! GOT THE RUNAROUND BECAUSE THEY CLAIM IT TAKES LONGER THROUGH PAYPAL TO ISSUE A REFUND !!! BS ! CALLED THEM 5 TIMES IN 5 WEEKS AND WAS TOLD EVERYTHING WAS SET BUT NOTHING UNTIL 5 WEEKS LATER !!!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY ARE MISMANAGED AND CUSTOMER SERVICE BLOWS !

·
Registered
4 Posts
My experience was not good in doing business with JET PERFORMANCE !!!
I purchased the Excellerator , Part # 40140, their version of the pedal commander and it did NOT FIT my accelerator harness even though it was specified and verified through phone calls with their tech line in Huntington Beach, California prior to purchase on their website Jet Performance.com.
After I contacted tech support and sent them pictures, I was told to send them the item and I would be refunded the $244 through PayPal, the way I paid them.
WELL THAT TOOK 5 WEEKS AFTER THEY RECEIVED THE ITEM, VERIFIED WITH THE RM NUMBER AND TRACKING UPS ! GOT THE RUNAROUND BECAUSE THEY CLAIM IT TAKES LONGER THROUGH PAYPAL TO ISSUE A REFUND !!! BS ! CALLED THEM 5 TIMES IN 5 WEEKS AND WAS TOLD EVERYTHING WAS SET BUT NOTHING UNTIL 5 WEEKS LATER !!!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY ARE MISMANAGED AND CUSTOMER SERVICE BLOWS !
Man that sucks, absolutely no excuse for that. Did they at least give you any reason as to why it wouldn't match up. That's why I stick to one or two online dealers and I never deal directly with the manufacturer unless I have no other choice and then I still do my homework to make sure they will rectify any issues promptly. Like HPtuners and whipple. Most of my stuff I actually order from Amazon if possible and even if I got wrong I'll have either a replacement or my money back into my account within a few hours of UPS / FedEx picking up the return item.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Their reply was that the part showed it was the correct part, but then during the call, the Tech Guy said he had 2 other customers complaints about the same issue, so told me to just send it back and they would look into it and issue me a refund. They looked at the pictures of the wire connectors I sent them and realized that it was not for the 5th Gen Rams !!! How many other people have bought this and went through this ???
R&D at JET really sucks if they cannot determine proper fitment before marketing !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts