Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my 2016 Rebel on Monday, Feb 1. I was told 8-12 weeks. This is my first Dodge full-size truck.

I'm coming from a loaded Ruby Red 2014 FX-4. I love this truck but there are a few annoyances that really bothered me. SYNC for one. What a piece of crap. I'm a programmer and I'd be embarrassed if that was my work. I had a 2004 F-150 before that lasted me a decade. A Dodge Raider before that for 8 years.

I know of many people who had a lot of problems in the 2000's with drivetrain issues and Dodge trucks so I usually stayed away. I went to the Detroit Auto Show this year and seen the Rebel-X. Damn I wish they offered that copper paint but since they don't, I ordered two-tone red/black. I found Ford to be lacking and Dodge really stepping up their game. GM is overpriced.

I test drove a HEMI Laramie with air-ride to get a feel for how the Rebel would drive. The HEMI with the 8-speed is better than the 5.0 with 6-speed I have in the FX-4. The engine was smooth through everything I did. I passed a few things and took it on the highway. Worked great.

The price, the value of my trade (much higher than owing) and 0% financing sealed the deal. Lowered my payment by almost half. The only thing I'll really miss is the power fold towing mirrors. Someone really dropped the ball on that one. People in parking lots are not going to like me after I get the new truck. I tow a wide snowmobile trailer and need the mirrors and like hell am I folding them in all the time by hand.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm just amazed you found a Dodge Rebel!;) just messing around we all know you meant Ram Rebel. haven't been Dodge Ram's since 2012? I cant remember. My 2011 Ram Big Horn still had Dodge branding on it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm just amazed you found a Dodge Rebel!;) just messing around we all know you meant Ram Rebel. haven't been Dodge Ram's since 2012? I cant remember. My 2011 Ram Big Horn still had Dodge branding on it.
Well about 70% of the part dealers out there need this memo while you're at it :)

Reactions: RustedRebel

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just ordered my 2016 Rebel on Monday, Feb 1. I was told 8-12 weeks. This is my first Dodge full-size truck.

I'm coming from a loaded Ruby Red 2014 FX-4. I love this truck but there are a few annoyances that really bothered me. SYNC for one. What a piece of crap. I'm a programmer and I'd be embarrassed if that was my work. I had a 2004 F-150 before that lasted me a decade. A Dodge Raider before that for 8 years.

I know of many people who had a lot of problems in the 2000's with drivetrain issues and Dodge trucks so I usually stayed away. I went to the Detroit Auto Show this year and seen the Rebel-X. Damn I wish they offered that copper paint but since they don't, I ordered two-tone red/black. I found Ford to be lacking and Dodge really stepping up their game. GM is overpriced.

I test drove a HEMI Laramie with air-ride to get a feel for how the Rebel would drive. The HEMI with the 8-speed is better than the 5.0 with 6-speed I have in the FX-4. The engine was smooth through everything I did. I passed a few things and took it on the highway. Worked great.

The price, the value of my trade (much higher than owing) and 0% financing sealed the deal. Lowered my payment by almost half. The only thing I'll really miss is the power fold towing mirrors. Someone really dropped the ball on that one. People in parking lots are not going to like me after I get the new truck. I tow a wide snowmobile trailer and need the mirrors and like hell am I folding them in all the time by hand.
Congrats on the new upcoming ride and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops. Like I said. I'm new to Dod... er RAM. :)

When I have been looking up custom parts it is listed as a Dodge 1500, Dodge RAM 1500, RAM 1500, etc depending on where you go. It is frustrating to say the least. At least that means that for once I'm going to have something rare for a while. My FX-4 was one of 3 ruby red ones in the area until I bought mine and then they seemed to come out of the woodwork. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from looking at MY Rebel. :D

2016-03-05 15.48.53.jpg

I take delivery Wednesday at 1pm. They need to get the spray in bedliner done and clean it up then it will be mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts