Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First.. i love my Rebel but some things that i noticed.

1) Head Lamps Fogged on the bottom edge .
2) Tire pressure varied quite a bit due to outside temp (more then I would expect)
3) Dash controls are not convenient.
a) temp settings were comber some to reach.. fells awkward reaching over the Fan button. i would redesign this so the dial was for temp and then the center of the dial for temp control.
b) 8.4NAV screen controls everything.. need to take my eyes off the road too often to make changes from nav to Radio to Media to climate. could use some tactile bumps on tool bar to easily feel for settings. Also would be nice to have the screen tilted towards the driver for easier viewing.
4) gas mileage was not what i would expect.. drove from Jersey to St Louis to Dallas back to jersey.. average 15.7 MPG... my 2010 on same trip would get 18.7 . the sticker on the 2016 says 18-22 avg MPH 70.. eco came on often.

overall the truck rode very nice, no driver fatigue

·
Registered
86 Posts
As a side note, the Rebel has voice command. So you can just push the button on the steering wheel and talk to the truck to switch between audio sources and nav. I use it all the time to change artists & songs on my iPod, and to change stations on the satellite radio.

I agree with your idea of angling the headunit to the driver. One thing I always love about European cars is the cockpit feel of the interior. Controls, gauges, etc; everything angled towards the driver to make things easier to see and use.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As a side note, the Rebel has voice command. So you can just push the button on the steering wheel and talk to the truck to switch between audio sources and nav. I use it all the time to change artists & songs on my iPod
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but, what cable do you have to attach the ipod to the USB in the center console?
What kind of ipod do you have, if it's the one with blue tooth then that explains the ability to voice command it

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
b) 8.4NAV screen controls everything.. need to take my eyes off the road too often to make changes from nav to Radio to Media to climate. could use some tactile bumps on tool bar to easily feel for settings. Also would be nice to have the screen tilted towards the driver for easier viewing.
I have to agree. The ergonomics of the dash controls are fair to poor. The hazard light button in the middle of the dash is particularly bad. Centered between radio volume and tuning knobs? Directly above cabin fan and climate controls? Really? It should be way up above the gear selector, off to the side of all other controls. And the touch-buttons for the cabin temp are bad, having to hold them in and watch, versus a knob to turn, means you have to watch the slider as you adjust it instead of having a feel for it while you watch the road.

I prefer not to have the controls angled toward me much, my voice-activated system can see them better that way. I just have to say "please" before each command so she'll respond. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all good comments, i have not mastered the voice commands yet... seems as though i ha not found the right combination of commands. I have the standard heating and a/c system but have Nav, can i control the temp via voice commands still? if so, what are the recommended commands.

·
Registered
156 Posts
all good comments, i have not mastered the voice commands yet... seems as though i ha not found the right combination of commands. I have the standard heating and a/c system but have Nav, can i control the temp via voice commands still? if so, what are the recommended commands.
I found you can't control temp with voice on be standard heating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have to agree. The ergonomics of the dash controls are fair to poor. The hazard light button in the middle of the dash is particularly bad. Centered between radio volume and tuning knobs? Directly above cabin fan and climate controls? Really? It should be way up above the gear selector, off to the side of all other controls. And the touch-buttons for the cabin temp are bad, having to hold them in and watch, versus a knob to turn, means you have to watch the slider as you adjust it instead of having a feel for it while you watch the road.

I prefer not to have the controls angled toward me much, my voice-activated system can see them better that way. I just have to say "please" before each command so she'll respond. :)
Made my night! Lmao

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
all good comments, i have not mastered the voice commands yet... seems as though i ha not found the right combination of commands.
Don't feel bad. I'm nearly 60 years old and still haven't mastered my voice commands. The correct tone required to get the desired response from her can vary based on day of the week or even month. I have found that using "wench" in the command almost always results in failure to comply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Something else I noticed.. because I live in Jersey and where we aren't allowed to pump our own gas. the angle of the gas filler tube is such that putting the gas hose into the tank to fill was a bit difficult. it seems to be tipped to far vertically.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Something else I noticed.. because I live in Jersey and where we aren't allowed to pump our own gas. the angle of the gas filler tube is such that putting the gas hose into the tank to fill was a bit difficult. it seems to be tipped to far vertically.
I second that. That's the most annoying thing about mine.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try using a Scottish accent for the voice commands, hilarious results

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you guys. I'm thinking of canceling my order now. I'm mean seriously. There's a lot of problems with these trucks. I have a whole list of negatives. Can you all give me your honest opinions please. Should I just buy another Ram styled truck. You would think they would work out all the bugs and problems on the from 2015 to now.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you guys. I'm thinking of canceling my order now. I'm mean seriously. There's a lot of problems with these trucks. I have a whole list of negatives. Can you all give me your honest opinions please. Should I just buy another Ram styled truck. You would think they would work out all the bugs and problems on the from 2015 to now.
All vehicles are a gamble. I've had no issues myself. Did see my bumper isn't maligned this weekend but that's a quick fix.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
besides the crooked bumper, I don't have any complaints. it's fixable.

let's see your whole list of negatives.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So far... I bought mine off the lot in November and have no issues. This forum has opened my eyes to possible issues to look for which is a great asset. It's my first RAM and I am very happy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts