20151206_102323-1.jpg
20151206_111403-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! That may be my next (2) mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a 77 series on my 09 crew cab and have to say it sounded much more agressive than this one does but hoping for better gain from the 63 series. Per K&N the 77 series averages 10hp gain where the 63 averages 14up gain....we'll see

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a 77 series on my 09 crew cab and have to say it sounded much more agressive than this one does but hoping for better gain from the 63 series. Per K&N the 77 series averages 10hp gain where the 63 averages 14up gain....we'll see
I just ordered the Swing Cases for both sides. Should have them Wednesday! My Leer cap should be here on (2) weeks. Getting my driver and passenger windows tinted to match too.

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just ordered the Swing Cases for both sides. Should have them Wednesday! My Leer cap should be here on (2) weeks. Getting my driver and passenger windows tinted to match too.

Sent from my JKURX
Probably gonna do the K&N too. I have has those in all my past vehicles as well

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sent from my JKURX
I got this swingcase last year for $99 flat...messed up...should have gotten both sides when I got this one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got this swingcase last year for $99 flat...messed up...should have gotten both sides when I got this one.
I never saw these before until you posted today. Great idea IMO. Had to get both. (1) for tools and (1) for beer and Ice. Another impulse buy...story of my life LOL

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I never saw these before until you posted today. Great idea IMO. Had to get both. (1) for tools and (1) for beer and Ice. Another impulse buy...story of my life LOL

Sent from my JKURX
Everything I've done thus far has been an impulse buy...even buying the truck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hear ya Loud and Clear! Truck was total impulse buy... Only had (5) payments left on my old truck. Traded her in! Crazy!!

Sent from my JKURX
Well I wasn't that bad off @ least

·
Registered
492 Posts
Do those fit nice an snug in the bed to the wall. Does it get in the way at all. I like them a lot but In my opinion the beds small as it is. So I'm debating if I should get them. I didn't just buy this like I did the truck lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do those fit nice an snug in the bed to the wall. Does it get in the way at all. I like them a lot but In my opinion the beds small as it is. So I'm debating if I should get them. I didn't just buy this like I did the truck lol
Takes up very little room in my opinion and yes they fit very snug

·
Registered
14 Posts
If anyone has hard numbers on the K&N or any other cold air intake kit as far as gas mileage and horsepower please post them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
63 series is15.66 HP @ 4688 RPM
77series is10.3 HP @ 4382 RPM
71 series is7.17 HP @ 4643 RPM

All I know from K&Ns sight

Reactions: Gismo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. That helped. Im about to go ahead and get the 63-1561. Was wondering if gas mileage really did improve with this kit.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. That helped. Im about to go ahead and get the 63-1561. Was wondering if gas mileage really did improve with this kit.
I saw 1-2 mpg gain when I had my 77 series on my 09. It isn't much but you should see some.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, Im assuming that these cold air intakes do not need a tune to run properly?
Tuning isn't needed but depending on vendor some have dry filters (have to be replaced), wet filters (have to be cleaned and oiled) and some give the option of one or the other.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, Im assuming that these cold air intakes do not need a tune to run properly?
One more thing...I Used a discount for 20% off at autoanything and they have a promo for a free recharge kit and you can get a $25 mail in rebate as well. I had a previous promo credit with them and snagged the filter with and all the perks for just under $200

·
Registered
14 Posts
All good and helpful info. Thanks.

I know on some late model vehicles you need a good tune to go along with the FIPK. Glad the Rams don't need it.

Just ordered the K&n kit. I already have the American Thunder flow master muffler. Love my black 2016 rebel. I'll post some pics soon.
As soon as I get the K&n installed I'll report back with gas mileage numbers and any performance improvements.

Traded my 2014 ram sport in on the rebel. That truck got 2mpg more than my rebel. I'm guessing the 3.92s and all terrain tires make a difference. That being said my Eco light is coming on a lot more and mileage seems to be slowly improving as I put more miles on the truck. I have about 1300 now.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts