Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is interested, Kicker now has their PowerStage System Upgrade available for the 15-16 trucks. I have a couple of friends that work there, one of which used his truck for the mule, and they said it sounds pretty amazing. It's all plug and play, and doesn't void any warranty. It works with anything in these trucks, except the Alpine system.

Kicker VSS™ Powerstage™ System

Q

·
0 Posts
In case anyone is interested, Kicker now has their PowerStage System Upgrade available for the 15-16 trucks. I have a couple of friends that work there, one of which used his truck for the mule, and they said it sounds pretty amazing. It's all plug and play, and doesn't void any warranty. It works with anything in these trucks, except the Alpine system.

Kicker VSS™ Powerstage™ System
I Wish they put rockford fosgate into the rebel over alpin . Even bose would of been better too

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ewwwww Bose is terrible. They're great at marketing, bust sound quality isn't their strong suit. All highs, all lows, must be Bose. I wouldn't have Bose in my closet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered this today, so if it arrives next week, and I'm not off flying somewhere, I'll get it installed and take some pictures and post the results.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the Alpine system. It sounds pretty good to me and better than the Sony system in the FX-4 I had. I wish it had more than a 3 channel EQ but my phone can compensate for that. I stream from my phone most of the time through bluetooth.

Whatever you do, don't judge the sound system via satellite radio. Their compression makes most stations sound like AM radio unless that is what you listen to all the time.

Sound is personal preference and everyone is different.

Q

·
0 Posts
I have the Alpine system. It sounds pretty good to me and better than the Sony system in the FX-4 I had. I wish it had more than a 3 channel EQ but my phone can compensate for that. I stream from my phone most of the time through bluetooth.

Whatever you do, don't judge the sound system via satellite radio. Their compression makes most stations sound like AM radio unless that is what you listen to all the time.

Sound is personal preference and everyone is different.
I wish the truck had 4 G like the GM trucks do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have unlimited data on my phone and stream Google Play Music so I get to listen to what I want instead of some program director. It is also much higher quality than satellite radio. The cellular data connections in vehicles are usually expensive, limited, and throttled. North America (Canada and US) have the worst cellular companies in the world. We pay the most for the least. At least the US is starting to get better. Here in Canada we are still in the dark ages of cellular plans.

Anyway, this thread is about the Kicker add-on. I do know that those systems are pretty good if you didn't opt for the upgraded factory system. I looked at it for my FX-4 but it had the Sony system. The Alpine system in my Rebel sounds great to me.

Q

·
0 Posts
I have unlimited data on my phone and stream Google Play Music so I get to listen to what I want instead of some program director. It is also much higher quality than satellite radio. The cellular data connections in vehicles are usually expensive, limited, and throttled. North America (Canada and US) have the worst cellular companies in the world. We pay the most for the least. At least the US is starting to get better. Here in Canada we are still in the dark ages of cellular plans.

Anyway, this thread is about the Kicker add-on. I do know that those systems are pretty good if you didn't opt for the upgraded factory system. I looked at it for my FX-4 but it had the Sony system. The Alpine system in my Rebel sounds great to me.

Q

·
0 Posts
So what comes standard in the Eam for Speakers, and is alpine the upgrade to 8 speakers I guess. The look like some are in the ceiling.

·
Registered
332 Posts
So what comes standard in the Eam for Speakers, and is alpine the upgrade to 8 speakers I guess. The look like some are in the ceiling.
There are 9 speakers and a sub-woofer. The speakers are left, right and center upper dash, left/right front/back doors and two "surround" speakers in the ceiling in the back seat area. The sub is under the passenger side back seat and takes up that whole 2/3s of the storage under there.

Q

·
0 Posts
There are 9 speakers and a sub-woofer. The speakers are left, right and center upper dash, left/right front/back doors and two "surround" speakers in the ceiling in the back seat area. The sub is under the passenger side back seat and takes up that whole 2/3s of the storage under there.
Good to know. Thank you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Alpine does sound pretty good in these trucks, and the Kicker upgrade isn't even compatible with it. The PowerSystem Upgrade puts an amp on the factory speakers, and adds a signal processor to clean them up. I trust the guys I know that work over there, and they swear that nobody believes it's the stock speakers with an added sub. That say it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Many with the upgraded factory stereo have swapped out the speakers to good effect.

I agree with you that nothing beats a good aftermarket installation. The DSPs used in these add-on systems tune the sound stage nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts