Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to attempt to show, for those who wanted to know, how I added these lights
20160117_112118-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st thing I did was make a wiring harness. I wanted to put a waterproof connector on the end to tap into the running lights on the headlamps but was out. I would recommend doing this if you decide to do this to make your life easier for future grille removal. Here is the harness before install:
Message_1452898967609-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what I used for each bulb. The kit I order were Anzo branded and can with 4 bulbs and have nothing but a light and bolt. I added a rubber grommet and a metal washer to each to make them fit snug.
20160117_092241-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how I mounted the bulbs. I placed one dead center above A, then counted out 4 to 5 holes each way. The bulb fits fairly secure on its own from the front but wanted to ensure no "wiggle" or possibility of slippage when tightened from the back so looking at it from the front this is how I inserted them from the front. On the backside I slipped on the metal washer and then bolted them down.
20160117_092339-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All installed:
20160117_092404-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After it was all tightened down I actually soldered the harness onto the back. Small breakaway connectors would work to. Your choice! Here is the back of the grill. Ran them to the passenger side as running them to the driver side would have required cutting into the back of the grille. All the loom is secrured with zip ties and lies behind the RAM logo as this to not be not I able from the front of the grille through the vent holes. (work smarter not harder!)
20160117_100241-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, here is where I should have made connections that were removeable. I'll fix this myself in the future. Actually already got more connectors in just don't want to rip it all back apart. I turned on my running lights and used a VOM to find the power and ground. For me it ended up being ground on pin #9 (one of two solid black wires on the harness) and positive was on pin #2 which was a white wire with orange stripes. Fyi one side of pin is odd numbered other is even. In this pic the positive is at the top and the ground is the bla k one in the middle.
20160117_103244-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really have anything very clear from here to give you since I didn't do anything other then solder the harness of which wasn't fun. You'll just have to decide how you want to tap in if you want to go this route. You can always wire them to a toggle if you want too. I just don't want a ton of toggle switches in my can. Here is the final product after it was all put back together. Any questions let me know!
20160117_181643-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the part number for the Anzo bulbs?
Well now I'm questioning whether they are made by then. Doesn't look like their part number ...but this was on the bags: 200912-RSGLK

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice! I love this mod. My local 4WheelParts store has em in stock, so this is gonna be my weekend project. Thanks texas_rebel!
I didn't buy the kit. Just the bulbs. Just fyi

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, 4WheelParts wants you to buy the whole kit (for the 14 Raptor) for $80. I'll keep looking for a bulb. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah, 4WheelParts wants you to buy the whole kit (for the 14 Raptor) for $80. I'll keep looking for a bulb. Thanks.
Man the seller I bought them from on eBay only had the one set but honestly I see them all over the place. May be different manufacturers but all these lights are becoming the same. Might try these Amazon.com: 4X 3W Amber SMD LED Eagle Eye Bumper Car ATV Motorcycle DRL Daytime Running Fog Backup Light: Automotive

They look exactly like what I got.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks great. Just ordered the kit off of ebay.
Great job Texas!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 73 Posts