Ram Rebel Forum banner

361 - 380 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just Picked up my 2017 Rebel Mojave sand yesterday. So i dont know what bulbs are the ones the pick. Is it the 9005 ? series. I am looking at the OPT7 Fluxbeam X .. Also I have always had HIDs and i am considering doing both High And Low Beam with the LED. Do you recommend doing both LED or HID. What is the best? Thanks Everyone
I put fluxbeamx in my lowbesms they are 9005 for both high and low. I haven't tried to stuff the same kit in for high beam because I live in Alaska and we are coming up on little to no darkness so high beams are useless. Any light is useless haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put fluxbeamx in my lowbesms they are 9005 for both high and low. I haven't tried to stuff the same kit in for high beam because I live in Alaska and we are coming up on little to no darkness so high beams are useless. Any light is useless haha.
so the Fluxbeam x comes with everything you need looking at them at there site and they seem to be on sale.. are the LEDs better than HID. i like the idea of instant on compared to warming up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so the Fluxbeam x comes with everything you need looking at them at there site and they seem to be on sale.. are the LEDs better than HID. i like the idea of instant on compared to warming up.
Yes the kit comes with everything you need. Very easy install. Less than 30 minutes if you're familiar with basic grille and headlight removal.
Now are they better than HID? guess that would depend. These lights are very bright. Instant on. And not as bad as people claim LEDs to be. I was very impressed. If you look back in this thread I posted pictures and a description on how to do it all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good afternoon. Who knows what manufacturer installed halogen lamps H13 in the headlights on the Dodge Ram 1500 2008. And the second question, which manufacturers are the best? Interested only in halogen H13.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Friends, I'm sorry that disturbed you in vain. Found what searched for (of what wrote above), there is the pair of variants. It pleases me that there are original models, I'll try ( https://www.uzooka.com/ram-headlights ). There is also , but prices bite. Well, of course, I do not rule out other options. If anyone knows a store where you can find halogen H13 on the Dodge Ram 1500 2008, I will be very grateful for information. The main criterion is the original and not a very high price, it is desirable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put opt7 fluxbeamx led in my 2017 rebel headlights. Definitely way brighter. More focus in front of you therefore a shorter throw. But I believe if I raise the headlights some it'll increase the throw. Dust cap fit on no drilling. And got rid of the ugly yellow halogen.
Were you able to aim the headlights any better to get more throw? I'm interested in swapping out the headlights and would prefer to go with leds but how far they would throw would be a concern. Also, has anyone tried GTR gen3 LED bulbs in the projector housings?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Were you able to aim the headlights any better to get more throw? I'm interested in swapping out the headlights and would prefer to go with leds but how far they would throw would be a concern. Also, has anyone tried GTR gen3 LED bulbs in the projector housings?
I raised mine a bit and found they work much better. housings fit back on. Might even get another set for the high beams. Someone in this forum did both as wel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got my HIDs put in. 5000k with 55w ballasts. Looks great and they match pretty good. Actually took the time to adjust the fog light level too. Way more useful now. They project out in front a bit more so I can actually notice a difference when there is actual fog (go figure).

Hated having to drill the dust covers but I figure if I ever Want to take them out I can always get the covers at a junkyard or just refill the cavity with an appoxy or something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just want to thank emergency_ram12 and Barnstormer for your informative and well-documented posts. I've read the entire 37 pages as well as read other forums and watched youtube videos by several manufacturers. I haven't seen a "so obvious a caveman gets it" summary, so I'll give it a try.

The projector headlight lens on the low-beam is very incompatible with the LED bulb systems on the market; therefore, the biggest light improvement for low-beams will be with HIDs. LED patterns will be diffused (odd shaped, spotty, and poor throw) through the projector lens. In spite of the much greater light output HIDs will not blind other drivers as long as your lights are adjusted appropriately.

The High-beam side of the headlight uses a reflector with no lens, and thus, the LED bulbs which aim their emitters to the side-rear are optimal for maximizing the utilization of the mirror surfaces. They may need to be moved in/out or rotated to maximize their throw by optimizing their interaction with the mirrored reflector, so look for bulbs with that capability. HIDs are disadvantaged in the hi-beam side also, because they take a few seconds to warm up, and with the on-and-off nature of the use of high-beams, LED's instant output works better.

Finally, while their may be several plug-and-play options for lights, most are not ideal for light output, and sometimes they just don't work or don't work right (flicker, don't come on at first try). Therefore, a kit which has a means to interface with the CAN-bus system is at least better, if not an outright necessity.

So, buy HID low-beam and LED high-beam, and a harness for the CAN-bus.

Reactions: Hemitkn

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was purchased from The Auto LED Corp on Facebook. I do not know the brand of them I have had it on for about a month with no issues. I work nights and since the stop of DST I use them every night.
I found about 15 "Auto LED" facebook pages. Is this the right people?

AutoLed

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
9005, and there an exact colour match to the fogs

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading through this page and a week later , is there any hid that I can buy that I do not have to drill the dust cap cover ?

I tried the new opt7 flux beam and I only had light on the outer edges not the entire projector - pic is attach.

So is there any hid kit that I don't have to drill the dust covers ? I'm even willing to not tighten the dust cap all the way down as long as the bulb isn't too long ? Can anyone assist me as i been reading for weeks and getting conflicting answers

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I dont think your going to find a kit that you won't have to drill the dust cap, an not tightly securing the dust cap will allow moisture to enter and fog up your housing from the inside. It's not very hard to drill the hole, I did mine and they came out perfect.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 404 Posts