Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any company that's working on a 2 inch level kit for the rebels ? howcome they cant just design a normal kit that comes with a longer arm for the air ride sensors to make up for the extra height

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you use the same spacer that would be used for the coil suspention ?
Yes same spacer as a regular ram 1500, only difference is that you need to shorten the front links. I'm working on putting a video together of everything I did, but it's basically the same as putting a leveling kit on any ram. I don't think you have to use daystar, you could use any spacer that has a hole in the center. I just went with daystar because I didn't want metal on metal contact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So i have been doing some reserch kn the topic. You have discovered a true 2inch level for the rebel . the one thing i am reading. Is that at least on the coil spring 1500 . the lift block causes premature wear of the upper ball joint and also in some cases cause an extreme front axle angle . when in 4wd some experience a vibration or rumble due to the angle . from what i read the ball joint is going out anywhere from 5000mi to 15000 miles . and also misaligns the toe of the front wheels . my questions to you are .

Have you change your upper arm out?

Have you gotten an alignment ? If so would you mind posting the printout.

Habe you ran the truck in 4wd since the level install ?

Your pioneering into this uncharted territory is much appreciated , at least by me . I hope that you run into none of these issues . and thank you in advance for your input and experience to the community .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very cool. I use the Revel Performance adjustable links only in the front, and raised the front about an inch in Normal. Still have full use of Off Road mode, NORMAL, AERO and Entry/Exit. No issues at all and I'll be adding 35" tires soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Auto part Fuel line Suspension Hose Suspension part
So i have been doing some reserch kn the topic. You have discovered a true 2inch level for the rebel . the one thing i am reading. Is that at least on the coil spring 1500 . the lift block causes premature wear of the upper ball joint and also in some cases cause an extreme front axle angle . when in 4wd some experience a vibration or rumble due to the angle . from what i read the ball joint is going out anywhere from 5000mi to 15000 miles . and also misaligns the toe of the front wheels . my questions to you are .

Have you change your upper arm out?

Have you gotten an alignment ? If so would you mind posting the printout.

Habe you ran the truck in 4wd since the level install ?

Your pioneering into this uncharted territory is much appreciated , at least by me . I hope that you run into none of these issues . and thank you in advance for your input and experience to the community .
It's to early to tell if parts are going to wear prematurely due to the leveling kit, but I'm not too worried about it because the angle difference on the ball joints are not much different than stock. The top photo is a picture of the suspension stock, and the lower photo is my truck after installing the leveling kit.

The upper control arm on my truck is stock.

I plan on getting alignment done, but have not had the time to do so yet. I will post the print out when I do. If the toe is out of alignment, it wouldn't be to hard to fix. You would just have to change the length of the tie rod, but If the caster, and camber are out of alignment than that would be much harder to fix.

I have driven with 4wd high and so far everything thing seem to be running ok.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry to dredge up and old post but did you ever get your alignment done? If so what were the results? Did you have to make any changes?

·
Registered
335 Posts
View attachment 15297

It's to early to tell if parts are going to wear prematurely due to the leveling kit, but I'm not too worried about it because the angle difference on the ball joints are not much different than stock. The top photo is a picture of the suspension stock, and the lower photo is my truck after installing the leveling kit.

The upper control arm on my truck is stock.

I plan on getting alignment done, but have not had the time to do so yet. I will post the print out when I do. If the toe is out of alignment, it wouldn't be to hard to fix. You would just have to change the length of the tie rod, but If the caster, and camber are out of alignment than that would be much harder to fix.

I have driven with 4wd high and so far everything thing seem to be running ok.
How's the truck running after another 9 months? Are you still happy with the 2" lift?

I was dreaming up an idea of doing this exactly, and stumbled upon this thread while doing some research.

One thing I was wondering about was running the air line through the front spacer block... did you have disconnect/reconnect the air line? Did you need to install an extension, or did the OE parts reach through the spacer? Any other lessons learned or words of advice?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.