Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I put these links on when I had my rebel stock, however, every time I went over speed bumps, it would be super bumpy like a low rider. I went another route and added some MotoFab front level spacers (2inches), and then used these links, and the truck sits perfect and higher. No more low rider bumpiness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put these links on when I had my rebel stock, however, every time I went over speed bumps, it would be super bumpy like a low rider. I went another route and added some MotoFab front level spacers (2inches), and then used these links, and the truck sits perfect and higher. No more low rider bumpiness. View attachment 30101
Can you give me links to both the leveling kit and the links your truck looks great and that's the same route I'd like to take with mine being that a bds is not an option at this time

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you give me links to both the leveling kit and the links your truck looks great and that's the same route I'd like to take with mine being that a bds is not an option at this time
No problem man, also, for your leveling kit you put on the struts, you do not want to go above 2inches to be on the safe side. People do 2.5 inches and it wears the UCA and ball joints quicker. The Air Suspension continues to work amazing and have not had any issues what so ever. The only thing is once you put the leveling on the struts, it's really annoying to find the sweet spot with the adjustable links so your sides are even. You have to get off and keep adjusting your links til it's the right spot.

Here's for the leveling kit, you put on the struts:
(Cheaper on Ebay) - 2" LEVELING LIFT KIT for DODGE RAM 1500 4WD 2006-2019 Made in the USA Billet | eBay

Here is the adjustable links, I ended up just doing the front:

Here is the video I followed for putting the leveling on the struts:
Note: when you do it, you're going to have to reverse your struts in a 360 for them to fit, they will work just fine. I also put loc-tite on the bolts and torqued them. Also, you want to drive for about a good 100 miles or so, then retorque them just to be on the safe side.

I'm adding some pics so you can see.

The pic of my truck is as of yesterday. Sits good with 315/70/17 tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problem man, also, for your leveling kit you put on the struts, you do not want to go above 2inches to be on the safe side. People do 2.5 inches and it wears the UCA and ball joints quicker. The Air Suspension continues to work amazing and have not had any issues what so ever. The only thing is once you put the leveling on the struts, it's really annoying to find the sweet spot with the adjustable links so your sides are even. You have to get off and keep adjusting your links til it's the right spot.

Here's for the leveling kit, you put on the struts:
(Cheaper on Ebay) - 2" LEVELING LIFT KIT for DODGE RAM 1500 4WD 2006-2019 Made in the USA Billet | eBay

Here is the adjustable links, I ended up just doing the front:

Here is the video I followed for putting the leveling on the struts:
Note: when you do it, you're going to have to reverse your struts in a 360 for them to fit, they will work just fine. I also put loc-tite on the bolts and torqued them. Also, you want to drive for about a good 100 miles or so, then retorque them just to be on the safe side.

I'm adding some pics so you can see.

The pic of my truck is as of yesterday. Sits good with 315/70/17 tires.
View attachment 30292 View attachment 30288 View attachment 30289 View attachment 30290 View attachment 30291
Awesome thank you so much that is the same style of look I'm going for and my 17 is white as well thank you your really making things easier. Was it difficult to do. Did you do any other mods

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome thank you so much that is the same style of look I'm going for and my 17 is white as well thank you your really making things easier. Was it difficult to do. Did you do any other mods
Did you need an alignment after you did it and did you change the links on the rear? Sorry for all the questions but seems like you know the info I need. Can you use all level modes entry exit and so on

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, no problem man. It was difficult since it was the first time my dad and I did something like this, but we followed the video step by step, and took our time. It took about 5-6 hours, but we made sure we did it right. I did do some other mods, but not anything else to the level or suspension. I believe I have my showcase up on my profile in case you want to check it out.

Some say you do, however, on mine, I really didn't need one, and my truck continues to drive pretty straight. I didn't change the links in the rear, they're the stock one still.

Anytime you have questions, feel free to ask. All the modes continue to work just fine. Then again, the only time I have rubbing is in enter/exit mode since I added on the 315's yesterday. I haven't tried aero mode since I bought the truck, because I just keep it in normal all the time. The offroad sits pretty high, where I wish I could just lock it in that mode all the time because it makes the truck look nice.

For the 2inch spacers, you can either go MotoFab or go Daystar, however, I went motofab because it was cheaper, and the daystar ones were running way over $100 bucks at the time. However, the motofab spacers are really well built too.

An additional tip when you do this, it's best to have two people, as it will make the process go a lot faster. And when you do it, and reach the tie rod step, follow the video with the top nut. And when you disconnect the air line hose, be sure to be careful as that is plastic. Definitely with this, you can clear 315's easy, and most likely 35's as well.

Other than that, it was pretty much straight forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, no problem man. It was difficult since it was the first time my dad and I did something like this, but we followed the video step by step, and took our time. It took about 5-6 hours, but we made sure we did it right. I did do some other mods, but not anything else to the level or suspension. I believe I have my showcase up on my profile in case you want to check it out.

Some say you do, however, on mine, I really didn't need one, and my truck continues to drive pretty straight. I didn't change the links in the rear, they're the stock one still.

Anytime you have questions, feel free to ask. All the modes continue to work just fine. Then again, the only time I have rubbing is in enter/exit mode since I added on the 315's yesterday. I haven't tried aero mode since I bought the truck, because I just keep it in normal all the time. The offroad sits pretty high, where I wish I could just lock it in that mode all the time because it makes the truck look nice.

For the 2inch spacers, you can either go MotoFab or go Daystar, however, I went motofab because it was cheaper, and the daystar ones were running way over $100 bucks at the time. However, the motofab spacers are really well built too.

An additional tip when you do this, it's best to have two people, as it will make the process go a lot faster. And when you do it, and reach the tie rod step, follow the video with the top nut. And when you disconnect the air line hose, be sure to be careful as that is plastic. Definitely with this, you can clear 315's easy, and most likely 35's as well.

Other than that, it was pretty much straight forward.

View attachment 30293
Cool thank you so much I'm ordering the parts soon then have to wait for a break in the weather here in pa keep up the good work I also have a carven progressive muffler and pedal commander planned as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
For people that put the adjustable links on, how high did you raise the truck?
I took some pics of my driver and passenger fender. The ruler is 18 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts