Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to level the truck. Not sure with the air suspension why they build in such rake (rear tire and fender gap) when the air suspension will self level. Not sure if I want to go up in the front 2" or down in the rear 2".

If I go up in the front I will lose the Entry/Exit Mode and will need to add boards to get in which I do not like the looks of so will need to add the AMP power boards so they are less noticeable and that is another $1500. But I would also be able to add 35" tires next time around.

Or do I just go down in the rear and keep the Entry/Exit Mode, no boards and 33" tires. Tires would be less expensive but would not look as cool. I just do the occasional off-roading which this would be plenty for.

I am thinking either way I can just by extra links and swap them out. If I want to lower the rear I will by OEM front links and put the on the rear. If I want to raise the front, buy OEM rear links and put the on the front.

Has anyone done this with the links and opinions on up in the front or down in the rear.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I would like to level the truck. Not sure with the air suspension why they build in such rake (rear tire and fender gap) when the air suspension will self level. Not sure if I want to go up in the front 2" or down in the rear 2".

If I go up in the front I will lose the Entry/Exit Mode and will need to add boards to get in which I do not like the looks of so will need to add the AMP power boards so they are less noticeable and that is another $1500. But I would also be able to add 35" tires next time around.

Or do I just go down in the rear and keep the Entry/Exit Mode, no boards and 33" tires. Tires would be less expensive but would not look as cool. I just do the occasional off-roading which this would be plenty for.

I am thinking either way I can just by extra links and swap them out. If I want to lower the rear I will by OEM front links and put the on the rear. If I want to raise the front, buy OEM rear links and put the on the front.

Has anyone done this with the links and opinions on up in the front or down in the rear.

Thanks in advance!
Personally I'd go up the 2 in. however since you said you do not like the look of side steps I would have to think long and hard about it. The 2 in lift with a bigger and wider off set tire would look just plain mean! Throw a set of bushwackers on it and the baddest truck on the road would become even more bad. Then theres the possibility of getting new rims ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally I'd go up the 2 in. however since you said you do not like the look of side steps I would have to think long and hard about it. The 2 in lift with a bigger and wider off set tire would look just plain mean! Throw a set of bushwackers on it and the baddest truck on the road would become even more bad. Then theres the possibility of getting new rims ;)
Could you post the part numbers for the links to raise the front 2"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found OEM part #s for the height sensing links to see if they can be modified for the truck to simply raise it 1.5 inches in all modes to maintain ride quality and fit 35" toyos.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has anyone added the rear links to the front yet? How complicated is the install and anyone have pictures of this done? Entry exit mode is useless anyway

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's a 3" lift kit that's a fair price that I'm going to be putting on my rebel. This keeps the air suspension in tact as well. I'm going to slap on some 35s as well. Don't know much about tires. What do you guys recommend? As far as rims idk what I wanna do. I really like the rims but I need a offset so I can put on new wider fender flares. Anyone know anything about wheel spacers?

2009-2016 Dodge Ram 1500 3 inch Body Lift Kit - Performance Accessories

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's a 3" lift kit that's a fair price that I'm going to be putting on my rebel. This keeps the air suspension in tact as well. I'm going to slap on some 35s as well. Don't know much about tires. What do you guys recommend? As far as rims idk what I wanna do. I really like the rims but I need a offset so I can put on new wider fender flares. Anyone know anything about wheel spacers?

So that means you will loose your tow hooks right?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Wow that's an extremely fair price. Post pics after you install and give us some info on how the ride changes. This is definitely a lift I would love to have

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I don't know if I'd want to do a body lift. I was thinking maybe something like this.
2013-2016 Dodge / Ram 1500 Pickup 1500 4"" lift kit 1623H | BDS Suspension

1 - 20 of 29 Posts