Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the Ram family earlier this month with my new 2020 Rebel. I have been researching the web and discussing with local shops on what would be the best route for a leveling/lift kit for it that would not compromise ride quality or off-road capability, as I do plan on driving it through the hill/ranch country down here in Texas. So far, the advice the mechanic I went and visited with was to do the ReadyLift 3.5" SST Lift Kit on it, but I did see on the ReadyLift site that they do have a "2 inch Front Leveling kit with new Upper Control Arms as well. Any advice between those, or should I be looking at other brands? Still have the factory wheels and tires, but will look to upgrade those afterwards as well.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
It all comes down to what you wanna spend. BDS makes a pretty wicked kit.
Ready lift is of the cheaper brands but still a good and common kit.
Being that it’s a Rebel, any lift I believe would include deleteing your current factory 1” spacer lift. So if you got a 2” lift, it would net you 1”.
this is why if you want to do anything more than the 2” front leveling kit, screw it and go to 3-4”. You’ll be happier in the end.

now, it gets pricy in the 6” lift area, a lot of things need to be done, but these trucks pull off the lifted look better than any truck I’ve ever seen.

I myself will most likely go with a basic Mopar leveling kit though as I’m keeping it cheap. I don’t beat on my truck real hard outside of my lead foot.

Reactions: DHRose16

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being that it’s a Rebel, any lift I believe would include deleteing your current factory 1” spacer lift. So if you got a 2” lift, it would net you 1”.
this is why if you want to do anything more than the 2” front leveling kit, screw it and go to 3-4”. You’ll be happier in the end.

now, it gets pricy in the 6” lift area, a lot of things need to be done, but these trucks pull off the lifted look better than any truck I’ve ever seen.

I myself will most likely go with a basic Mopar leveling kit though as I’m keeping it cheap. I don’t beat on my truck real hard outside of my lead foot.
Appreciate the feedback, Rabbit. I think you make a lot of sense on just going for the 3-4" lift if I am going to do anything. I am looking at the BDS 4" lifts now and they look great, but they are quite a bit more. That being said, if ride quality will be dramatically better than the 3.5" ReadyLift kit, I think it would be worth it.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

In your opinion, is it worth it go for the coilover lift rather than just the standard lift?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
If your talking about air vs coilover I say coilover hands down.
there are enough topics with people having air system troubles no one can seem to fix, not even the dealers without just throwing parts at it.

Reactions: DHRose16

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your talking about air vs coilover I say coilover hands down.
there are enough topics with people having air system troubles no one can seem to fix, not even the dealers without just throwing parts at it.
I do not have the air ride on mine, just the stock 2020 Rebel as it comes off the lot for now. I was considering between the 3.5" SST ReadyLift and the 4" BDS Lift, but then started discussing the Coilover with my local shop that I have been talking to. It is certainly more expensive, but sounds like it is worth it. This is my first truck, so just want to do it right here the first time, even if it costs a bit more.

The options I am considering here are whether or not to spend the additional ~$2K or so to do the coilover versus just a regular lift. Going to be a project in the long run, as wheels and tires are next lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just joined the Ram family earlier this month with my new 2020 Rebel. I have been researching the web and discussing with local shops on what would be the best route for a leveling/lift kit for it that would not compromise ride quality or off-road capability, as I do plan on driving it through the hill/ranch country down here in Texas. So far, the advice the mechanic I went and visited with was to do the ReadyLift 3.5" SST Lift Kit on it, but I did see on the ReadyLift site that they do have a "2 inch Front Leveling kit with new Upper Control Arms as well. Any advice between those, or should I be looking at other brands? Still have the factory wheels and tires, but will look to upgrade those afterwards as well.

View attachment 30936
I have the ready lift 3.5 sst. For 1 year now on same trick and year. It’s horrible nothing but problems. Just ordered the bds 4 inch. Should of done that the first place. I was trying to save 2 gs. Now I’m out a grand.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the ready lift 3.5 sst. For 1 year now on same trick and year. It’s horrible nothing but problems. Just ordered the bds 4 inch. Should of done that the first place. I was trying to save 2 gs. Now I’m out a grand.
Thanks, Hoode, I appreciate the input. I am now considering going for the BDS Coilover, which is a bit more than the lift, but I think may be the best move in the long run. The build is slowly getting more and more expensive, that is for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
I’ll see if I can find it but I don’t think BDS makes it.
it requires a lot more parts as the 5 link rear end is gonna need to be modified at thatpoint as well.

the full coilover would be best if you want height and performance, as you’ll gain full articulation with the full lift.
just slapping spacers and UCA’s in will get you taller if pavement princess is what your about, but you won’t have the ride quality or the actual suspension travel benefits of having it all in the coilovers.
all in all I’m not really a guy to Chince on quality, BDS sounds the right way to go.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey I’ve been looking for the coil over for the bds 4 inch. I can only find it I. The 6 inch. Where did you find that. ?
I have only seen the BDS 2" Coilover, which is essentially the Fox coilover because they own BDS. Talking with my local shop here, they can comfortably raise that 2" to 3" and maintain ride quality, but still short that 4" mark. I am still thinking that may be the way to go for mine, as I do not think I need the full 6" lift/coilover.

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 30936
I went daystar leveling kit in front and made adjustable links. Perfectly level in all four corners. I’m sure I’ll go BDS when the tires are done, but for pretty low cost and sweat equity I’m very happy with how it looks and drives. Sharp truck(y)

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went daystar leveling kit in front and made adjustable links. Perfectly level in all four corners. I’m sure I’ll go BDS when the tires are done, but for pretty low cost and sweat equity I’m very happy with how it looks and drives. Sharp truck(y)
Appreciate the feedback, DJ. I ended up ordering the 6" BDS Coilover kit, pretty excited. Waiting for that to come in and will be finalizing the wheel/tire choices now - leaning towards 20" Black Rhino Duggers with 35" Nitto RG's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Appreciate the feedback, DJ. I ended up ordering the 6" BDS Coilover kit, pretty excited. Waiting for that to come in and will be finalizing the wheel/tire choices now - leaning towards 20" Black Rhino Duggers with 35" Nitto RG's.
That's gong to be amazing. I'm about a year away from removing air suspension and going 4" BDS. Best of luck to you buddy.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel Rambox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been a while, but thought I’d post the final product. Moved out to Colorado and I’m glad I went with the BDS 6” Coilover and at least 35’s. Has been a blast out here in CO!
Next addition will be a truck bed rack and tent setup to start the overland build.. UpTop Overland has one for the ram box, unless anyone else has suggestions?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts