Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I purchase a lifetime warranty with a $100 deductible, will the deductible start when I purchase the warranty or will it start when the manufacturer's warranty runs out?

·
Registered
272 Posts
When the 3/36 bumper to bumper initial warranty runs out.

For the first 3 years or 36,000 miles there is no deductible. Be careful what you're paying too...most of the warranties are negotiable. Don't pay the first thing they quote.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There is also the 5 year / 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that has no deductible even after the initial 3/36. There is no deductible on that...hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Do you all get as many phone calls as I do about extended warranties? I get at least two calls a month wanting to sell me a extended warranty. When I purchased Big Red the Dealer have me a extended warranty that covered the truck for four additional years. The Business Manager said that he would do that for long time customers. I know I paid for it some where but I can't find it. Maybe I do have a good Dealer, we have been doing business with them for over twenty years.
Big Red

·
Registered
272 Posts
Those are scam calls from unreputable companies.

Sirius XM is notorious for selling your vehicles information to horrid companies that sell aftermarket warranties. There are hundreds of Google hits about Sirius XM being notorious for this. These companies just want your credit card info...they don't care if you're vehicle is still under the factory warranty. They won't actually fix your vehicle under their "warranty" and or they'll come up with every excuse in the book to not fix it. They are named whatever....get enough complaints...close up shop...open under a new name...start all over. It takes the government months if not years to catch up to these scam artists. Its difficult to deal with as they keep changing phone numbers too.

If you've never had Sirius XM in your vehicle then the scammers are getting your info elsewhere...its just that Sirius XM has your vehicles info on file and sells the information.

I registered my work phone number (landline in my office) as my main phone number with Sirius XM and the calls nearly ceased after a few months. I still get some as my number is out there with other companies...but Sirius XM is the worst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts