Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought the lifetime warranty for their ram or and ram in general. What are your thoughts on it and is it worth it ?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not I. Interested to know if someone has myself and their thoughts as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not I. Interested to know if someone has myself and their thoughts as well.
The guy I bought my bed cover from swore by it and told me about it originally. But I don't know if it's really worth it I wanted to see if anyone on here has or have had it in the past.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought it through my dealer at purchase. Never bought one in the past but I started thinking about the number of computerized gadgets, air suspension and other potential high cost items and I caved. Paid $3400 for lifetime bumper to bumper and after thinking about it a little more I still think its a pretty good idea. I've since done a little more online research and found out that I can purchase the exact same Mopar Lifetime warranty through another dealer online and save approximately $1000. Get Genuine Factory Mopar Vehicle Warranty at Low Prices!

·
Registered
78 Posts
We had the warranty on my wife's 2007 Jeep Compass and it paid for itself multiple times over. Currently have the warranty on my wife's 2014 Jeep Cherokee and I had the warranty on my 2012 Ram 1500 that I traded in for the Rebel. Haven't purchased it for the Rebel yet but I will definetly be getting it before 12 months or 12,000 miles as it is not available afterwards.

The lifetime warranty is for the original owner with unlimited mileage for as long as you own the vehicle. Yes, the warranty is expensive, but if you plan on keeping the truck for a longtime, than it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We had the warranty on my wife's 2007 Jeep Compass and it paid for itself multiple times over. Currently have the warranty on my wife's 2014 Jeep Cherokee and I had the warranty on my 2012 Ram 1500 that I traded in for the Rebel. Haven't purchased it for the Rebel yet but I will definetly be getting it before 12 months or 12,000 miles as it is not available afterwards.

The lifetime warranty is for the original owner with unlimited mileage for as long as you own the vehicle. Yes, the warranty is expensive, but if you plan on keeping the truck for a longtime, than it's worth every penny.
What would you confsider a long time. Idk how long I plan to keep the truck. You never know what's coming out next and if the delear will want your old one back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A few things I found.
-The "lifetime" plan is only 120,000 miles. I think most people don't know that.
-I found no mention yet about you cant have the lifetime if you're over 12k miles (which I am).
-None of the 3 plan mention the air suspension (unless it has another name) anyone knows if it's included?
-the website mentioned above quoted me $5500 for the lifetime 120k plan and $4200 for the 100k plan. Aside from an accident, I highly doubt I can amount to a charge of $4200 in repair with a car under 100k.
-The longest I kept a car was 275k (Acura Integra, which was stolen :(), granted it didn't have all the crazy electronics of today I can't recall spending close to that ever in special repairs. I'm excluding tires/batteries/timing belt. I think those are normal wear & tear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Lifetime warranty I got was the Lifetime Maximum Care ($2315.00). I don't know where you found that it is for only 120,000 miles because here is mine directly from the website when I log in. The only thing that isn't covered in my warranty are your typical wear items but everything else is covered, including the suspension. Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns.
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Lifetime warranty I got was the Lifetime Maximum Care ($2315.00). I don't know where you found that it is for only 120,000 miles because here is mine directly from the website when I log in. The only thing that isn't covered in my warranty are your typical wear items but everything else is covered. View attachment 837
Yea ive seen the one you got. @reveiled some of them have options on how long you want it to last.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why not just take that same $3k or $5k or whatever and put it in a special savings account? If some catestrophe happens after your warranty runs out, you're self insured as it would only cost you out-of-pocket the amount above what you put away...and would have been gone to pay someone else for a warranty. Can't imagine too many $5000 repair bills, so seems foolish to give that money to someone else up front just in case...

·
Registered
62 Posts
lambeau, you have a very good point but what I got and what it cost me I couldn't pass it up. With me it was a one time purchase that I don't have to worry about ever again as long as I own the truck. I know its a gamble but the one time that I do need it I will be glad that I did have it. What it comes down to for me is peace of mind.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Same here. I will be getting 7 years/110,000 kms. I'll probably trade it before that is up. The peace of mind of total coverage for the whole time I own the truck is worth it to me. I also negotiated it into the price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The lifetime warranty is definitely worth it. I purchased a similar package on my 2003 Wrangler Rubicon through my insurance carrier...$250 deductible. I have had over $10,000 in repairs done to that workhorse and spent $250 deductible on 4 different occasions. It is still running like a dream at 148,000 miles.

My 2015 Jeep SRT has the lifetime warranty. Wasn't Taking any chances.

When I took delivery of the '16 Rebel this week, they offered me the lifetime for $3000. No brainier. I took it.

It's lifetime, UNLIMITED mileage, as long as you own the vehicle. It can be transferred to a child....but no one else. So if you plan on selling your truck in 5-7 years, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 6year 120,000km bumper to bumper. Good enough for me because I doubt I'll still have the truck in 4. I hear some neat things about the rebels to come so I shall see how things go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get the lifetime for $2400 if you do your research or tell the dealer that is what you can get it for. I don't drive that many miles so I got the 7 year 120 thou mile warranty for $1400. I would not want to be driving anything Fiat/Chrysler without a warranty on it. They make beautiful vehicles but they're like strippers, they're high maintenance. I've owned over a hundred cars in my life and never believed in or had extended warranty but after owning a Jeep that was in for one electronic problem after another I got one now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
lambeau, you have a very good point but what I got and what it cost me I couldn't pass it up. With me it was a one time purchase that I don't have to worry about ever again as long as I own the truck. I know its a gamble but the one time that I do need it I will be glad that I did have it. What it comes down to for me is peace of mind.
Same here. I plan on owning the truck for YEARS to come, so the lifetime (same as @Arkhams Finest posted the picture of) was a no brainer for me. got forbid something happens to the air-ride, this newer 8 speed trans with the rotary switch, etc.... its covered. With a family being in the plans in the next couple years with the wife, knowing that my vehicle is guaranteed is a solid peace of mind. And let's be honest, I'm a 26 year old that has a $50k truck (MSRP, not what I paid), having to drop several grand if something happens would be extremely hard on the wallet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the lifetime Max care (the first extended warranty I have ever bought) but drive 50-60k miles per, tow trailers regularly and use it off road a fair amount. The electronics and air suspension had me worried and when it hits about 250k I'll make it a ranch truck & hunting rig.. FCA might regret selling me this warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was offerred this, and if I kept my cars long enough, I would've gotten this for sure. It's basically for as long as yiu own the vehicle and no mileage limit. As much as I like my Rebel, I'm not sure I will still have the same one after 4,5 or 6 years. Always waiting for the new ones to come out

1 - 20 of 30 Posts