Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you go with a better flowing cold air intake and exhaust, that could help, but you would need to avoid enjoying the extra hp to see the fuel savings. Other than that, you probably just need to accept that you bought a 4 wheel drive truck with a 5.7L V8 and your mileage is not going to be very good.

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya, I used to have a Durango and I put a intake and a Thottle body spacer on it and my MPG increased by 4

·
Registered
82 Posts
And from my experience a tuner makes it even harder to stay off the gas pedal, so my personal experience doesn't suggest going that route helps much if at all either.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Depends on what kind of tune is being run...

The other thread (wherever it is... Half the posts on here are in the wrong place) pretty much says that a throttle body spacer does nothing for our motors because of the specific flow of air pattern. But I agree with @NTX Rebel, I didn't get a 5.7L Hemi 4wd truck for the gas mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just broke 4000 kms(don't drive much) and I am just now seeing fuel economy improvements. I'd say give her a little break in time. I will be adding a CAI very soon though myself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded a 2014 1500 Express with a 5.7 and 4x4 for the Rebel. I was getting 20+ mpg highway and get 15.7 mpg highway or so wth the Rebel and have just over 2000 miles. The Rebel has bigger tires, more aggressive tires (had Michelin AT2's on the Express) and the Rebel has 3.92 ratio. Have been surprised wth how bad the Rebel's mpgs have been. So now I just change from that screen and try not to think about it.
:cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I find it funny that people will spend a grand to get ~ 1MPG better fuel mileage. Most people won't see that return in the time they own the vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The best thing I did was get the 32 gallon tank, so I don't have to think about it as often

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I know I didn't buy the truck for its fuel economy, was just wondering if anyone improved theirs with any upgrades that's all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts