Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought the 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel, it is my first Ram and I am loving it. I have been doing research on ways to improve HP and MPG. I looked into a Cold Air Intake, but I have read mixed reviews on whether they are actually worth it or not.

I am looking for opinions from some experience Ram owners on whether or not the Cold Air Intakes are worth it and best brands (K&N, Air Raid, or Mopar). Also any other options to improve HP and MPG, which I know is hard to do both.

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
The mopar set of 3 works well, sounds great, gives good throttle response, some HP, and some saving mpg. It sounds so good that any mpg savings is negated by the kewl factor of the skinny pedal.

Reactions: Thatguy0129

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd just swap to a Power Wagon for less money. It's even more off-road capable. And you can get the winch as an option, plus the 6.4L, plus dual alternators, and more.
And I lowered my payments by over $200/month!

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wait...you purchased a v8 truck that weights over 5k pounds with wide tires and the truck overall has the aerodynamics of a brick flying through the air and you want to look at ways to improve mpg?

As for the power improvement...sign me up, love to swap the 5.7 for the 6.4!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just got a 17 Rebel 4x4. What's the best way to increase MPG the best that I can

CAI
Exhaust
Tuner

Anyone have any combinations that work?

Thank You
Amazon.com: S&B Filters 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 / 2500 / 3500 5.7L Cold Air Intake Kit Gas 75-5078 Cotton Filter: Automotive
Carven Exhaust 09-17 Ram Truck Direct Fit Muffler Replacement Progressive Series | eBay
And a pedal commander - www.pedalcommander.com use promo code ramrebelmods10 for a 10% discount and free shipping

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just added the K&N CAI to mine. Sounds a little throatier, and I'm really watching my MPG so I'm not sure if there is an actual improvement or if me being more conscious of it is making it better but I went from lower 14s in city with short highway sprints to 15-lower 15s on the same stretch of road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also went with the Mopar 3 CAI with hood induction kit with Mopar cat back exhaust. It sounds OH so much better!!
It looks awesome to me, replaces the fake hood scoop grill on the right side. Then has an inside tubing section that sits on top of the Mopar CAI. I'd love to hear from someone in a snow belt that uses it. My concern is all the snow we get here in MA. I would think it would block up with snow and ice.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Snow is no problem. Either is heavy rain.

Reactions: chopper_man

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the "Ram Air" kit on mine. It looks cool when I open the hood. I haven't noticed any performance or mpg improvements. Having said that, I live in S Florida. It's always hot. When we get some cold air, the ram air should help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.