Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a shop install the 18 inch Magnaflow muffler, sounds awesome. I looked into a direct fit that can be installed in the driverway, it was going to cost me $450 Canadian but the shop welded in the Magnaflow for $260. They told me the 14 inch would produce a lot of cab noise and would not be good for a daily driver, so I went with the 18 inch and I really like it. If you're thinking about a muffler swap, I wouldn't bother with the bolt on kits, waste of money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with the same magnaflow and I think it sounds great also. No drone at all on the freeway. And not super loud in the cab at all just a nice little rumble.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Damn I bought a 14 magnaflow. It's getting installed on Monday. I'll have to see how it sounds, if it's too annoying I'll change it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you guys go with the Mufflex bolt on? What's the advantages/disadvantages to it versus getting just the Magnaflow welded in? Seems like it would be an easy DIY and easily changed out if you wanted to swap out later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked in to the mufflex muffler long and hard and decided to just go with a magnaflow #12198 and am getting a local shop to instal it cheaper than the mufflex muffler. Also mufflex uses magnaflow mufflers and just adds the extension pipes needed.

Reactions: Rebel Shores

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I had an 18 on my 2010 ram is it was just enough sound. I think the 14 would drone way to much. Just called a shop for mine they said they would weld it on for $50. Got the muffler for around $100 from Moes

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thinking of true duals. Two multi chambered 14" magnaflows. Thoughts? I had the same setup on my Silverado 6.0 and dripped the exhaust behind the rear axle. No droning. Prior ram was a flowmaster 50 series and was a little too quiet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did the computer take the muffler ok? Any notice of change in performance or mileage?
No effect on the ECM, no codes, etc. The muffler shop told me as long as you don't do anything to the cat. converters you won't impact the electronics. With the muffler and the K&N CAI I would say I noticed a slight performance improvement but nothing substantial.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also purchased the 18 inch magnaflow. Installed super easy and the sound is fantastic. I suggest adding a cold air intake. I can't keep my foot off the accelerator. I bought an S&B. Sounds like it is going to suck the good through the motor and the throttle response is superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts