Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago...I stepped out into the Ram world. I've been a GMC/Chevy fan for a long time...but it seems that the past two generations of GM's have been problematic. I was at a Toyota dealership with a customer..and was walking around the lot looking at all their inventory...when I saw this BRIGHT red truck (Rebel). Looked beautiful....but I've always been more conservative in my color choices. You know...silver, pewter, charcoal. I opened the door and saw this insanely sexy red/black interior with the red anodized instrument bezels...and i fell in love. The test drive was even better. The new generation Rams drive better than any Ford or GM...and I loved that when you hit a bump..you didnt hear or feel it all that much. I was in love...and bought it.

Installed some nice step rails for my 5'1" girlfriend and this Rebel just spoke to me. After reading all the posts on blacking out from valances and grill letters...I decided to give it a go. The letters were super easy. Pop off...and pop on. The skid plate was troubling me because I've read some good things and bad things about the different processes. Anyway..I chose to try Plastdip. Taped it off as directed...warmed up the spray cans in some arm water...and the results are REALLY nice. Then thing I found out is that you dont have to be exact in your taping. You are best to leave an edge (overspray area), so that when you pull the tape off, the plastidip on the overspray area comes off and separates itself from the targeted area.

Anyway...I'm excited with this new truck. Havent been this happy since 2013...4 trucks ago. Thanks to you all for your information and tips.
Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Plant
Car Vehicle Plant Grille Sky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts