Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experiencing low end power loss after exhaust install on my 2016 Rebel. This is my 3rd ram 1500 very familiar with the 5.7 and the trucks in general. Before the exhaust my truck had no problem roasting the tires from a start. Now after the exhaust install it can barely spin them at all!! Exhaust manufacturer tech says he's never heard of this problem. I should have filmed a burnout before for proof. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Not sure how roasting tires before/ after is proof. You need to get it dyno'd. Also, i would check to ensure you didn't accidentally unplug something. And finally, what type of exhaust you install? I guess that should have been my 1st question

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how roasting tires before/ after is proof. You need to get it dyno'd. Also, i would check to ensure you didn't accidentally unplug something. And finally, what type of exhaust you install? I guess that should have been my 1st question
Carven competitor series direct fit muffler. Didn't unplug anything just swapped mufflers. Truck was way more responsive from a stop before. Feels sluggish now. I am by no means a novice mechanic. Been working on cars and trucks since I was 16 im 50 now. Been wrenching for years. It definitely lost bottom end torque. Maybe a tune could correct it. I know just a muffler isn't going to add much of anything. I just never thought it would hurt power curve.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Ya never heard of such. A tune might help, but there should be no reason you would need one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya never heard of such. A tune might help, but there should be no reason you would need one.
I read somewhere to disconnect the battery to reset the pcm. But I don't know how much it would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts