Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that I'm sure y'all know the answer.... I'm heading to the mountains of Tennessee on Thursday and I'm used to using "low gear" coming down the mountains. The shifter only has a "D"rive. Is there no "Low" gear anymore?

Also, Is there a way to change the "sent from my Ram Uconnect" to something different when sending a voice text?

Don

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have a question that I'm sure y'all know the answer.... I'm heading to the mountains of Tennessee on Thursday and I'm used to using "low gear" coming down the mountains. The shifter only has a "D"rive. Is there no "Low" gear anymore?

Also, Is there a way to change the "sent from my Ram Uconnect" to something different when sending a voice text?

Don
Read your truck's manuals. There is a pair of shift buttons on your steering wheel which do the same thing as paddle shifters in expensive foreign sports cars.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
We have lower gears. The steering wheel buttons are the only way to access them. instead of just "D" and "L" we have "D" and 1 through 7. In most cars/trucks, "L" was just one of the low gears, you don't get to pick which one. Typically 1st or 2nd, depending on how many gears the tranny has.

But I think reading the manuals is a good idea especially for the conditions he's describing. There's a bit on towing loads and braking which may or may not be what Donvc92c is used to, and he's already needing to know where the controls are. Best advice I can give.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I'm in Florida and our driving is straight and flat. I went to the manual and found it...thank you. I even called my local dealership and they didn't have an answer (I guess they skip that part in training down here) .

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Welcome, fellow Floridian
Speaking of FL...thought I was gonna get to go to Apopka in April...going to Raleigh and Wake Forrest NC instead

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how little the sale people really know about the vehicles they sell. You would think that since selling a product for a living they would make an effort to learn everything they could about it. Then when you pick up you vehicle they can actually be helpful with anything you might want to know.

Lazy imo. What do they do when they are sitting waiting for the next customer? Facebook I bet.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how little the sale people really know about the vehicles they sell. You would think that since selling a product for a living they would make an effort to learn everything they could about it. Then when you pick up you vehicle they can actually be helpful with anything you might want to know.

Lazy imo. What do they do when they are sitting waiting for the next customer? Facebook I bet.
Amen to that

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
To be fair to the sales guys, but not really defending them, I think there's another aspect here. They have a LOT to say about the vehicles if they do know their stuff, and we're not always interested in hearing everything they say.

Mine would have followed his personal script but I sidetracked him all over the place with random questions I had about completely different aspects of the truck. He's talking Uconnect and I'm wanting to know about the transfer case. Add in the wife with her questions about child seat LATCH points.... After a couple of hours, I'm sure he was feeling like he barely survived finals week in college. Plus I don't know how many answers he really got to complete. Poor guy. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts