Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a easy way to lower the Rebel another inch or two at entry level? Being an old codger it is very hard for me to get in my Rebel. I have never fooled with air ride and know nothing about it. Other than getting in and out I.love this Ram. There isn't much else I would change on it. I have owned several vehicles in my time land some were pretty bad jazz even by today's standards. You drive Dow the street band people will turn a complete circle looking at it.
If you got a suggestions for me I sure will appreciate it's.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the dealer installed a black set as part of the deal.
That was about the only thing I could think of. I sure hate to change the look in any way. That might be my only answer band the cheapest in the long run. I got it in October band only have about 1800 miles on it.
Thank you for your suggestions hand be safe.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Is there a easy way to lower the Rebel another inch or two at entry level? Being an old codger it is very hard for me to get in my Rebel. I have never fooled with air ride and know nothing about it.
Are you meaning an inch or two below the entry/exit level? If so, yes, you can add steps/nerf bars. My wife is 5' and she insisted I do that. Even entry/exit was too high for her. Now she rides with me more. Not sure it's a good thing. :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
this is just a guess, but maybe if the rear links for the air ride were put up front it might go down lower???? maybe someone knows. i don't use my air ride. so i would part with them if this is something that could work. someone here should know if that's a possibility

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you meaning an inch or two below the entry/exit level? If so, yes, you can add steps/nerf bars. My wife is 5' and she insisted I do that. Even entry/exit was too high for her. Now she rides with me more. Not sure it's a good thing. :)
Yes, but I already have the bars on it now. If I didn't I would try the bars that have additional steps on them. I think shorter tires might be the answer but I don't know what else that would change.

·
Registered
153 Posts
this is just a guess, but maybe if the rear links for the air ride were put up front it might go down lower???? maybe someone knows. i don't use my air ride. so i would part with them if this is something that could work. someone here should know if that's a possibility
Switching the rear links with the front actually raise the truck a couple of inches, and he wouldn't be able to get it out of Aero mode. He could try making the front links 1/8" longer, and the rear 1/4" shorter which would be the opposite of the sweet spot others have found for raising the truck and still being able to maintain all modes. I don't know how lowering it would effect the air bags though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, but I already have the bars on it now. If I didn't I would try the bars that have additional steps on them. I think shorter tires might be the answer but I don't know what else that would change.
I'm betting you have the Mopar side bars, you should investigate the step bars that a lot of folks are installing, the step part is lower to teh ground than the Mopar bar

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you wanted it lower why buy a factory lifted truck? They make another model for lowering. The Sport.

Smartass comment aside, look at the AMP power steps. They fold out when you open the door and I have found them lower than the usual steps in my experience. They are supposed to have the brackets all figured out by the end of this month or next. These are what I am looking at getting in the future. I know someone with them on a Dodge 2500 and they work great. They are expensive but worth it imo.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm betting you have the Mopar side bars, you should investigate the step bars that a lot of folks are installing, the step part is lower to teh ground than the Mopar bar
the step bars we are putting on dont have a very big step, one foot can fit on. but it is lower than the tubular mopar bars, right?

just adding to your information mr. gismo

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yes, you can get step bars designed to sit at various ranges below the sill. My 5' wife is quite happy with the N-Fabs I got, which have about a 7" drop.

If you get really low fixed steps, you really start cutting into your ground clearance. Unless you get the moving or folding steps. I don't trust those to work correctly in winter. With my luck, they'd freeze in the "up" position and I'd suffer some more hearing loss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts