Ram Rebel Forum banner

Any transmission problems?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have these issues? Most of the time when I come to a stop the truck lunges another foot or two. Like it can't get out of gear fast enough. Today I had a service shifter message and it only has 8,000 miles. The dealer has updated the drive train software and has said they can't do anything else. The software update did nothing. Anyone thoughts? Thanks in Advance...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I won't be much help, but i have just under 9,000 mi. and don't have any transmission issues...at least not yet. But it seems like the dealer can do something else, since there is a problem and it should still be under warranty. You may have to push them a little harder to do their job!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive had my truck since may 2nd 2016 and have 34k miles on it. I've towed on several different occasions with a range from a 1500lb boat to 7200lb camper. I don't flog it, but I'm heavy footed. I can say that I've had no problems with that 8spd. It's a hammer in all honesty and it is capable of handling more than the rebel can deal out. Sounds like you may have run into an oversight on quality control imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.