Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2016 Rebel this past Saturday, the dealer didn't have one on the lot with the Luxury Group. On previous cars, I've grown accustom to some of the unneededs like auto-dimming mirrors, etc. On other cars that didn't have them on it, I've been able to just buy and they usually are already harnessed for plug any play. Anyone else added anything from the Luxury Group and know if they can be purchased separately (or even if the dealer can add this all on separately)?

For those who don't know - Luxury Group (from RamTrucks.com) is the following:

• Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
  • Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • LED Bed Lighting -- al;ready have this I believe with spray in liner
  • Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
    • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Power Folding Mirrors
  • Power Heated Mirrors with Power Fold-Away
  • Rear Dome with On / Off Switch Lamp
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/Microphone
  • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Under Hood Lamp - found this online

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Unsure myself...I made sure I got this ...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Me too. My dealer had my truck on the lot fully equipped with all this. Only option I wish I had was the cluster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, may have to dig a bit further into this one and work some dealer contacts. The cluster I made sure I had because I have to look down at it constantly... but admittedly I figured it would be pretty easy to add an autodim mirror (prior cars just had this available to order individually and was a quick plug in). The mirrors could be a bit more complicated if not harnessed. I don't care that much about garage door openers, but something like no mirrors/lights in the visors can see getting a big WTF from the wife... but maybe that will further encourage make-up staying out of my truck ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine came with all the top end options. The only exception was a back up camera, which I had installed right away.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine was fully equipped (power everything, camera etc) except for Rebel Cluster... Which is BS. The Cluster should be part of the "Rebel" exclusively IMO

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was fully equipped (power everything, camera etc) except for Rebel Cluster... Which is BS. The Cluster should be part of the "Rebel" exclusively IMO
For someone to have added every extra and to not add the cluster makes no sense to me, i agree that it should be a standard feature given the exclusivity of the vehicle

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine came with all the top end options. The only exception was a back up camera, which I had installed right away.
Did they install an OEM backup camera system into your already existing 8.4 inch head unit? I was going to be asking the same and just wondered if the dealer was gonna buck at the request.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes they did it at the dealer. The parts cost $450CD, and the install took them 6.5 hours, close to a grand but so worth every penny. It's the one that on the screens the lines curve as you turn the wheels so as to show where the rebel will end up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes they did it at the dealer. The parts cost $450CD, and the install took them 6.5 hours, close to a grand but so worth every penny. It's the one that on the screens the lines curve as you turn the wheels so as to show where the rebel will end up.
Good. Glad to know. I figured the dealer wouldnt be too excited about pulling the dash out to work on an existing head unit and run power cords and cam to tailgate.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Me too. My dealer had my truck on the lot fully equipped with all this. Only option I wish I had was the cluster

It's wild that these aren't automatically stocked with the rebel cluster. I can understand that it is a relatively small amount to pay to add it on...but it should just be a part of the package

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It's wild that these aren't automatically stocked with the rebel cluster. I can understand that it is a relatively small amount to pay to add it on...but it should just be a part of the package
You would think this would be a gimme.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Agreed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts