Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Lawson, <----QC Guy

So after some talks with our engineer’s and owners we are looking into manufacturing a bumper for the RAM Rebel. I know you said you were part of the RAM Rebel forum, can you do me a favor and just ask the guys on there what they would like to see in a bumper for their Rebels? I’m mainly looking at if we should make a winch or a non-winch bumper. Most of our bumpers for the RAM 1500 are not winch capable but if it’s something most Rebel guys would like then I think we should offer a winch bumper. Any other feedback would be great. Let me know, thanks! I attached a picture of our RAM 1500 bumper we manufacture now.

So please everyone let me know your thoughts. I suggested to him both with and without a winch. I also suggested flush mounted lights too.
What would you want in a replacement bumper?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
A "lite weight" replacement with skid plate integration, dual light bar inner mounting, OEM fog light integration would be my first choice...and not hokkie looking like the overpriced $900 option being pushed right now

Reactions: Shieldsboss

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
my suggestions are

d rings for shackles
make it for a winch but have a cover plate for those that do not want a winch, if the plate is big then we can paint it silver or truck color to break up the all black front end we are going to get
ability to keep factory driving lights
or
choice between round or square lights

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A "lite weight" replacement with skid plate integration, dual light bar inner mounting, OEM fog light integration would be my first choice...and not hokkie looking like the overpriced $900 option being pushed right now
ADD's bumper is $2400 shipped, $2400 of tubes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe,
BY the way my truck is on order, 6-8 week delivery time. In the mean time I'm driving a 1998 Dodge Ram Sport. I'm going to miss this truck, I've had it , it's whole life and its still going strong 286, 792miles now. original motor and transmission too. Bright red regular cab 4x4, lifted with good sized tires on it too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Winch, D rings, and cutouts for factory fog lamps. Light as possible because of air bag suspension. Pre runner style attachment could be optional as well with light tabs
Keep us posted
Todd

Reactions: texas_rebel

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the one they have in the photo with the option of a winch. but like others have said light weight and NOT over priced!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think the one they have in the photo with the option of a winch. but like others have said light weight and NOT over priced!
The one I'm the picture looks hardy enough. Textured like the original bumper with a winch option for sure. I'm sure we all agree lightweight is critical, and they need to work on some sort of shipping deal to Canada! They're really missing out up here! I only heard of them because of this site and the distributors are in the western part of Canada. The markups are a deal breaker. They could have priced their steps higher in CAD in that offer you posted, and with shipping here they would have made money. I guess in.my little rant what I'm trying to say is... I like their products, as I'm sure other Canadians on this site do, but if I have to pay as much in shipping to get it as I did to buy it...not gonna happen. In any case I hope what they come up with looks great and has the functionality for people to add their favorite toys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ADD's bumper is $2400 shipped, $2400 of tubes.
I am new to off road modifications and haven't been into the drag racing scene for a long time but I am shocked at the costs. Especially since I have to convert it to Canada money.... approx $3500. Oooowwwwccccchhhh

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I am new to off road modifications and haven't been into the drag racing scene for a long time but I am shocked at the costs. Especially since I have to convert it to Canada money.... approx $3500. Oooowwwwccccchhhh
Metal ain't cheap but still overpriced

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could definitely be worth designing up and making one of these to see how it works out. It would even be a fun project.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ramerbellion, can you guys get Realtruck.com to ship to you?
Maybe Rafael can sell the steps to you thru them, maybe they ship to Canada.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It'd be nice if we got more interest or opinions on this so we get another choice for a bumper.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What if they were to raise both sides of the bumper on either side of centre to accommodate smaller light bars, and used the centre of the bumper for the winch opening. Possibly follow the lines of the grill seeing as how this is, IMO, the most visible change in this model of truck besides the tires. Would be a shame to cover up the grill with a light bar mount

1 - 20 of 65 Posts