Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That there are pictures of RAM Rebels, on this forum and others with chrome in their headlights? or are they still all Back? and like I said its the crack talking.. (disclaimer: never actually tied crack, don't plan too - say no to drugs kids!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That there are pictures of RAM Rebels, on this forum and others with chrome in their headlights? or are they still all Back? and like I said its the crack talking.. (disclaimer: never actually tied crack, don't plan too - say no to drugs kids!)
Crack is ok as long as you don't try it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've noticed it. I started a post on another forum asking why.
One guy with the chrome lights was waiting to hear from his dealer on this. He ants them to replace them with the right lights.
I too would want the black lights if mine were chrome. It's a factory mistake and should be corrected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have chrome in mine. I do think they look much better in all black. I assume that they're suppose to come from factory all black? I'll have to look into it.
image.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just joined this forum today. I'm on another rebel forum too. My trucks at the dealer now for the 30 checkup and they are looking into it. I've asked numerous dealers and one dealer even asked the local ram rep who could not explain why some are chrome. My personal opinion is that they ran out of black Ones and just used what was available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my dealer is looking into this today i have a granite grey with chrome headlights looks odd.
I'm sure they will exchange them with a shop cost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is the official answer that I got from ram.
Only early builds had the black bezels. They decided after a certain date that they were "upgrading" to the chrome lights. I am skeptical, but it'll be interesting to see if the 16s have chrome lights

·
Registered
156 Posts
Makes you wonder about the quality control at factory. I'm sure with all the different versions they mix up the minor details. Shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All rebels built after mid July will have chrome. Check the MDH number on the driver door jam sticker. It stands for month day hour.
Every 16 will be chrome and most 15s are chrome too

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got my Rebel last week a 2016 flame red and it has the chrome lights. I will be going to the dealer today and show him the build sheet that list black lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They All Have chrome bezels now. They switched over to chrome in mid July. The black they refer to on the build sheet is the area behind the outer lense. Nothing can be done. Trust me, I've investigated this fully.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
All rebels built after mid July will have chrome. Check the MDH number on the driver door jam sticker. It stands for month day hour.
Every 16 will be chrome and most 15s are chrome too
Thanks for the info. I hate chrome and wanted black on my 16 but having a white rebel it isn't actually too bad. I hate seeing it on the darker Rebels though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts