Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to deactivate the Eco Mode/MDS function when operating under low load conditions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
YES , Use Your Gear Select On The Wheel Right Side And Click It Up Till You See 8th Gear On The Dash, First Put Truck In Drive Then Proceed, That Will Shut Off The MDS. I Keep Mine Off All The Time , I Hate That MDS, I Need All 8 Firing All The Time.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's not a permanent deactivate, though. You have to do this every time you put the truck in Drive. There is no permanent deactivation unless someone's found a way to do it with a tuner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, thanks! Just to make sure I understand - start the truck, select 8th gear with the steering wheel control while still in park, "then" put the truck in drive and enjoy...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No Start The Truck , Shift The Tranny In To Drive , Then Use Your Buttons On The Wheel, The Plus Button,With The Plus Sign ,Push And Watch The Dash, And See It Move To 8th Gear,And The Tranny Will Shift Normaly, And The MDS Is Off

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah. You have to do it every time you put it in drive. If you switch out of drive, you'll have to repeat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, tried this and the dash never shows that it goes to 8. The only way is to hit the - button, then run it up to 8. However after doing this I can still tell the MDS is functioning. I also assume any time you put it in reverse, park, neutral, etc. you have to redo this procedure... It doesn't seem to be as you guys described. Wonder if this function has been removed, or is now prevented from happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
try this , put in drive , push the left button first then click the plus button 8 times watching the dash , counting up to 8th gear,

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ok, tried this and the dash never shows that it goes to 8. The only way is to hit the - button, then run it up to 8. However after doing this I can still tell the MDS is functioning. I also assume any time you put it in reverse, park, neutral, etc. you have to redo this procedure... It doesn't seem to be as you guys described. Wonder if this function has been removed, or is now prevented from happening.
I think if you reread my posts above, you will see that I specifically did say that you have to do it every time you put it in Drive. Not every time you start the truck.

The easiest way to disable, in my opinion, is to wait until you've driven up to speed, then hit the "-" downshift button once. At that point, it's already in 8th gear and you don't have to hit the upshift 8 times. As long as you're accelerating to get to speed, the MDS isn't going to kick on anyway.

Also, if you want to test accurately, be sure to go into the menus and turn on the MDS light. The little green light shows up on your dash whenever MDS is enabled. You can shut the light off later when you're happy with the tests.

·
Registered
67 Posts

You must hit the - to deactivate MDS. I assure you that the MDS does not function afterward. At least not on my 2015. As stated above, best bet is to get up to speed before pushign the -.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I got it... I was under the impression you needed to do this right away before driving away, makes sense now - thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am brand new to the form as I just purchased my 2020 Dodge ram rebel with the 5.7 in it. Reading the discussions about the MDS I was wondering where I could find the system setting for the indicator light. I've got the standard radio with the smallest touch screen. Any help is appreciated. Love the truck so far by the way the mileage is a little less than expected but probably do to my heavy size 11 boot. And thanks from a new member

1 - 13 of 13 Posts