Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my Rebel in to th dealer for a few fix's this past week (head light fogging, driver seat lumbar steel poking in the back,excessive fuel consumption while towing). Yes laundry list of problems but the one that gets me I that they told m there is an update for the radio. So they install the update and that freezes up the media center. So now on a back order list as the manufacturer does not have any in stock..so pissed but what can you do. I just wanted t let you guy know that the update might freeze up you radio.i know you guys in the states have been updating an haven't had an issue maybe it's just my radio or the Canadian radios as they are different and we don't get all the cool options they get in the states. So, if you dealer wants to update get them to see if they can get a replacement if yours craps out first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brought my Rebel in to th dealer for a few fix's this past week (head light fogging, driver seat lumbar steel poking in the back,excessive fuel consumption while towing). Yes laundry list of problems but the one that gets me I that they told m there is an update for the radio. So they install the update and that freezes up the media center. So now on a back order list as the manufacturer does not have any in stock..so pissed but what can you do. I just wanted t let you guy know that the update might freeze up you radio.i know you guys in the states have been updating an haven't had an issue maybe it's just my radio or the Canadian radios as they are different and we don't get all the cool options they get in the states. So, if you dealer wants to update get them to see if they can get a replacement if yours craps out first.
Thanks for the "heads up". The 2012 journey I traded in for the Rebel, was having some glitchy firmware type issues, only once my iPhone 6 was purchased. Pissed me off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I did the radio update a few days ago and all went well Everything works well.
However the whole update took me 30 min and you really have to be very patient and not stop or restart the update during it. Sometimes the screen is very confusing during the update but you just have to wait.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did the radio update a few days ago and all went well Everything works well.
However the whole update took me 30 min and you really have to be very patient and not stop or restart the update during it. Sometimes the screen is very confusing during the update but you just have to wait.
Update done by dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts