Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2020 Rebel 5.7L Hemi eTorque 3.92 4x4 crew cab Ratio fully loaded with the air suspension etc. I have a very serious issue when it comes to find exact numbers in terms of towing capacity, and GCVWR. Reason why im in complete doubt is because my door sticker claims i have a 1450 Payload, (100% information that i have to/will go by) but plugging in my VIN on the ram website, it comes up with a 1780 payload/11,250 towing. Givin the discrepancy in payload, i cannot feel comfortable with the tow numbers provided on the site. Going back to when i purchased the vehicle, i recall on the dealer site where i purchased the truck, it advertised a payload of 1530?LBS roughly, and 11,190 towing. Then with basic research, seems that there are a few sites that display 2019 rams with my specifications(3.92 etorque crew cab etc), they have a set of different numbers closer to the higher end (11k towing example). So, i having a few different unreliable numbers to go off of, i then call support with my vehicles VIN info on hand, person A. tells me 1680 payload, 8020 towing! Payload doesnt even match my sticker, or the website,w hat im being told my customer support is that my towing is way below what i was lead to believe by 3,000LBS! Person B. gave me whole different set of numbers that i didnt even bother writing down. I explained to her i have no less then 3 different payload/towing ratings all from different official ram sources. Customer support agreed to call me back with reliable numbers. When they do i will demand to have a sticker printed and sent to me. I explained to them as most of you know, this is a huge liability issue if an accident ever happens and im over weight. A huge reason i bought this truck, if not the most important reason is the towing numbers i was lead to believe it has. This is a huge flaw ram currently has that is in my opinion false advertisement. $64,000 truck and i have 0 idea what GCVWR is an ultimently towing capacity.

This is a serious issue that ram needs to address, there is a lot of bait and switch tactics going on, as well as pure misleading information. Their "Search by VIN" is completely utterly broken, there is no excuse why that payload # should ever be different from your payload # in the truck. Especially since its by your own tailored VIN.

My guess is i have somewhere roughly 11k pounds towing, 17k pounds combined. Maybe 1100 pounds trailer tongue weight.

ill keep and update on what i find out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Today, i checked the VIN tool to see if there was an update to towing numbers, and there is. It correctly shows my payload numbers (matching door jam sticker) and therefore i can reliably now know my towing numbers. Still, Ram should include all towing specs in door jam, including that of Goose neck, 5th wheel, tongue weight etc. Im happy sitting at 1450payload, 11.3k towing. Should pull my 7k trailer just fine. Anyways, 2020 diesel numbers are still unavailable..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts