Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
You have to cut the rectangular panel out at the top of the air box. The panel is shown in your video. First order the door, a MOPAR part, a filter and install. Kits are available. Supposedly the later production 2016 have the cut out and the door already but no filter - go figure. My early Feb. truck did not have it. Installed my kit last weekend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You have to cut the rectangular panel out at the top of the air box. The panel is shown in your video. First order the door, a MOPAR part, a filter and install. Kits are available. Supposedly the later production 2016 have the cut out and the door already but no filter - go figure. My early Feb. truck did not have it. Installed my kit last weekend.
I am guessing it's that square panel Rob is feeling around. What did you use to cut it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am guessing it's that square panel Rob is feeling around. What did you use to cut it?
Yes the flat portion with the "frame" around it. There are a few youtube vids on the subject of RAM cabin air filter installs and they clearly show where it goes. Couple of different options for the cut, I used a utility knife. I have some hand issues and it was a bit tight in there but it all came out OK. The hole does not need to be too pretty as the factory door covers what you cut. One thing I saw that I found helpful was the suggestion to cut the top first. I gather that if you cut the bottom first the airbox flexes a lot, if you do it try to verify that you cut the top first. The kit I purchased had the door and a filter, their directions suggested heating the knife with a torch. I have read of people using a dremel tool or similar also. Was a little nervous cutting a hole in my new truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The cabin filter is something that the 4th Gen Ram trucks have always been missing. I think it is ridiculous that they give you a kit for it but require you to cut into a spot they intentionally designed for it have. My '06 Frontier was the same way though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just ordered and received my air filter kit. I did find that when looking for the kit, the price of about $33 is pretty good, but the $15+ for shipping was ridiculous. I found the kit on Ebay with free shipping and got it in 2 days. Will be cutting the hole after work today and installing.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Looked at mine to be sure and luckily I have it. What I found odd is that the dealer said my 2014 edge did not have one, so I bought the kit and when I went to install, guess what, it had it. Grrrrrrreat.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I thought my truck didn't come with it but apparently it does! Of course I had already ordered the kit... so if anyone needs the kit I'll sell them mine. It's new in the box still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.